• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gnomes and Half-Orc Run Amok

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Some time back it was suggested that gnomes, at least, would appear in some book to follow the release of the main three for 4E.

Has this been confirmed? If so, what is the book and when is it due? Will it contain information for half-orcs? Will it have rules for running monsters as a PC race? Will it have the Rouse’s infamous recipe for Fig Dumplings, as expressly promised in one of the office releases? If not, what will it have, assuming the book is real?

SuperGnome

First Post
Not sure about half-orcs, but gnomes will be a playable race and listed in the PHB2. There was an interview where it was covered (recent gamer zero podcast)... I'd have to watch it again for the half-orc bit.

bjorn2bwild

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
Some time back it was suggested that gnomes, at least, would appear in some book to follow the release of the main three for 4E.

Has this been confirmed? If so, what is the book and when is it due? Will it contain information for half-orcs? Will it have rules for running monsters as a PC race? Will it have the Rouse’s infamous recipe for Fig Dumplings, as expressly promised in one of the office releases? If not, what will it have, assuming the book is real?

MM1 has gnomes and a host of other monster races as playable characters. They just don't have the full writeup that the PH1 races get.

Also note that it's possible that in the future, additional content will be added for more of these races, as it was for the Warforged in Dragon.

No word of fig dumplings :cool:

SKTillBreakODay

First Post
SuperGnome said:
Not sure about half-orcs, but gnomes will be a playable race and listed in the PHB2. There was an interview where it was covered (recent gamer zero podcast)... I'd have to watch it again for the half-orc bit.

I dunno about the Half-Orc, but if you take a gander at the back of the monster manual, they have stats for the Gnome and a lot of other monsters, for PC making. However, as they advice, the statblocks back there are better for NPCs than for PCs.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
SKTillBreakODay said:
However, as they advice, the statblocks back there are better for NPCs than for PCs.

That was kind of my point - I think we werre promised better rules, and I wonder if and when that will happen. Could thay have beenr efering to the MM when they made that statement in the first place?

bjorn2bwild said:
No word of fig dumplings

Drat!

Spatula

Explorer
While the warforged writeup in Dragon is far and away better than the MM one, the MM races in general are not really lacking compared to the PHB races. Yes, there are no racial feats for the MM races. That's it. The PHB racial feats are a very mixed bag, so just pretend that you have racial feats available but they suck. :)

Cadfan

First Post
The funny thing is, if gnomes get the same treatment Warforged got in the DDI, they'll have more options available to them than any of the core races of the game.

Half-orcs, on the other hand, need to die a cruel death. Be a man and play a REAL orc!

Mengu

First Post
We know that PHB2 will have a race whose first letter is a <g> and second letter is an <n>. It could be a Gnoll for all we know.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads