• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gnomes and Halflings in the Shattered World

WizardofOwls

First Post
I have not yet had a chance to write up the gnome and halfling in a nice format the way I did the elves and dwarves. So I am just going to post my thoughts on these races for your perusal. As always, let me know what you think!

Gnomes:

The gnomes of Oramis are very similar to those of the Dragonlance setting... loving mechanical things and such. They have created the strongest competition for windriggers - the Gnomish Clockwork Ship. A Gnomish Tinker class/prestige class will definitely be available for gnomes. One concept that I am considering... Gnomes are actually the result of crossbreeding attempts between dwarves and elves! As a dying race, the dwarves are desparately trying to find a way to produce more of there kind. They ahve already discovered that they can crossbreed with humans, so it was inevitable that they would try the same with elves. Well, it didn't work as well with elves. In fact it was the foundation of the race of gnomes.

Halflings:

I have always hated the name Halfling. The Halflings of Oramis consider it a derogatory and very insulting name. They prefer to be called by their own racial name for themselves.. the Twyll. They have a new ability: Twyll have a natural homing sense and know by instinct exactly where any shard is that they know the know the name of, unless the shard has been magically hidden from divination. A new class/prestige calls is available for Twyll - the Twyll Wayfinder.

Remove ads