• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gnomes Book

johnsemlak

First Post
Regarding "Tinkering/Alchemy" Gnomes,

There are some Alchemy related feats: e.g. Brew Expendible Potion, Alchemical Nose. The Equipment section has a definite alchemy feel to it, with several herbs, chemicals, oils, etc detailed. Finally, the spell section, while prodominately illusionist, also has quite a few transmutation spells.

No alchemy related PrCs though.

FraserRonald

Explorer
johnsemlak said:
A lot of Gnomish vocabulary is introduced (I'd like to know how they came up with it all).

Hey.

I can answer to what I wrote though I haven't yet seen the final product. I based the words of the Imperial Gnomes lexicon on Korean and Mandarin. For the Hill Gnomes, I based most of the words on Dutch, while the language of the Mountain Gnomes had an archaic German base to them.

I hope that helps.

Edit:I must stop smoking crack. That and beer!

Last edited:

FraserRonald

Explorer
Yes, replying to my own quote. I think it needs a little clarification.

FraserRonald said:

Hey.

I can answer to what I wrote though I haven't yet seen the final product. I based the words of the Imperial Gnomes lexicon on Korean and Mandarin. For the Hill Gnomes, I based most of the words on Dutch, while the language of the Mountain Gnomes had an archaic German base to them.

When I say based on, for Dutch and German, the words are not directly from that language, but sometimes I took words meaning what I wanted and changed them slightly, or I found words that had absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand, but, in my ear, sounded applicable.

I do speak a little Korean, so much of that is taken from Korean, though, again, also usually tweaked slightly in the hopes of creating a consistent feel (though, yes, Korean is a single, consistent lanugage, still, that might not have been clear from the examples used).

I know this is probably useless information to most people, but I'm bored.

Take care all.

Remove ads