• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Go Play (Secret Gamer Code Shhhhhh)

JustKim

First Post
Psion said:
Like all things about the internet, negativity gets amplified. Simply because it gives the vocal axe-grinders a sounding board.
That sounds plausible, but half of the experiences I mentioned did not occur online, and that is only the D&D vs. WoD side of things. I've had other offline experiences with Shadowrun, L5R, LARP and miniatures gamers to name some off the top of my head.

I think it's deceptive to use EN World as an example because the board is not really indicative of gamer tastes or the state of the industry. It's a tightly moderated, small slice of gamer life.

Psion

Adventurer
JustKim said:
I think it's deceptive to use EN World as an example because the board is not really indicative of gamer tastes or the state of the industry. It's a tightly moderated, small slice of gamer life.

Was I limiting my examples to ENWorld? I don't think I was. I was deliberately showcasing meatspace cases because ENWorld is part of the internet.

JustKim

First Post
Psion said:
Was I limiting my examples to ENWorld? I don't think I was. I was deliberately showcasing meatspace cases because ENWorld is part of the internet.
You used EN Worlders as examples three times in your post and I didn't agree that they were indicative. I am not trying to pass judgement on your knowledge base here. I am saying that because EN World does not welcome the kind of bashing that often happens in the industry, and because it's a relatively small slice of the industry, I don't believe it's indicative. If you were to tell me that you put some of the fourteen year olds from the Wizards board and some of the folks from the latest Samuel Haight thread on the White Wolf board together in a room and they got along famously, well, then I would be impressed.

But telling me you got along with diaglo in real life is not indicative. That's all I'm saying.

Psion

Adventurer
JustKim said:
You used EN Worlders as examples three times in your post and I didn't agree that they were indicative. I am not trying to pass judgement on your knowledge base here. I am saying that because EN World does not welcome the kind of bashing that often happens in the industry, and because it's a relatively small slice of the industry, I don't believe it's indicative. If you were to tell me that you put some of the fourteen year olds from the Wizards board and some of the folks from the latest Samuel Haight thread on the White Wolf board together in a room and they got along famously, well, then I would be impressed.

Whatever. Feel free to not participate.

Len

Prodigal Member
buzz said:
IIRC, Drawing on the existing meaning of the "play" part of the icon was intentional. Add some green (for "go"), and you get "Go Play."
... en inglés.

I hate "universal" logos that depend on an English pun.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
bento said:
Sorry, but the fish symbol comes from early Christian history and is intertwined with the Greek language. It does not have to do with the feeding the multitudes story from the Bible. According to the all knowing Wikipedia:

It is believed that...

*shrug*. Last I saw, "It is believed" and "It is fact" are rather dissimilar. And Wikipedia is hardly what I'd call an authority on much of anything. I'll lump that one in with the other possible stories.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads