God Creation - Immortals Ascencion

Betrayor

First Post
A player who knows how to optimise would likely become better that the statted gods, in this case you could boost the abilities of your NPC gods to match your players, .
Now the question if players should be able to become gods, it really depends on your desires, do you want as a group to play an immortal-deific game?
If yes then the rules in Immortal Handbook are really helpful to make characters and NPCs that are immortal.
It really is a try and see what works since a lot will depend on how good are your players at optimising your characters and samewise your own ability to counter them.

Akira Whitlock

Explorer
After being a DM for 3 years i may be able to say i am capable.
I have a wide variety of players, ones who are well optimized and those who are not.
I guess am more so asking the difficult question of "How much CR is enough?" if you can direct me somewhere

Akira Whitlock

Explorer
MORE QUESTIONS!
What would dictate a god to have a double portfolio?
What would the estimated total wealth or equipment for a god at Rank or hd x
When do gods get more portfolios?

Last edited:

Betrayor

First Post
If a god focuses solely on one aspect then he gets a double portfolio.
To find a deity equipment you must first find its ECL, for example a greater deity with 80 hd would have an ECL of 160.
That means that its wealth would be equal to that of an 160 level character.
To find this wealth IH suggests to use the method in page 26 in Ascension , or you could use the ELH formula which states that Wealth increases 10% every level.
A deity can get more portfolios by using the cosmic ability extra portfolio.

Akira Whitlock

Explorer
hello i be back
in the book it states that lesser deities use d20s for hit dice and have maximum hp for each hit die
if a deity took barbarian as a class for all of the 40 hd would the god have 40d20 or 40d12?
or a time lord barbarian with one thousand hd would it have 1000d12 or 1000d1000 x 1000
if the case is that all hit dice are altered into d20s d1000s etc what is the benefit of having outsider as a hd?

Last edited:

Apepsnake

First Post
considering all eternals get Trascendental Toughness (d1,000s) for free, they should all have just 1,000/999d1,000 +x x1,000 cause TT overlaps with all other HD
also that can be used for all deities, a 40 HD barbarian would have 40d20, 40d100, 40d1,000
no benefit as far as I know

Akira Whitlock

Explorer
Question:
What is the Quintessence cost for artifact item creation? Since deities have no xp but instead quintessence
Also if a deity creates a non-artifact magic item would anything be expended besides gold?

Remove ads