• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GODLIKE: Any good?

Stormborn

Explorer
Modoc said:
Thanks for all the comments.

I can see both the pros and cons of the GODLIKE system that everyone is presenting. With that said, Is there other good WWII era RPGs?

Depends on what you want.

GURPS 3e has some WW2 stuff, including an very interesting Weird War suplement, if you want to do some more straight forward military stuff with maybe a little bit of fantasy/supernatural.

Mutants and Masterminds could be used in place of Godlike for a more 4 Color Comic Book type War. IIRC there are some supplements, if not by GR then in pdf by others, for a game of that era.

d20 Modern would support it, obviously, and in addition to a mini-campaign in an old Polyhedron there are various 3rd party resources for it. Just have to look around and see what you want.

pawsplay

Hero
First class setting. The rules need revision, and may be permanently quirky, hard to say.

I would, in a second, use it as a setting for a GURPS game, PL 5 Mutants and Masterminds game, or something similar. The OGL rules in the game aren't bad, but I don't see what they do for you.

For a GURPS game, I would probably do 250 points. There also happens to be a GURPS WWII line that is quite detailed... don't think it's for the new edition, though.

buzz

Adventurer
FYI, Greg Stolze has a fantasy RPG based on the ORE called Reign that's been getting superlative reviews. Both it and WT have tweaked the ORE since the development of Godlike.

Also, there's a free ORE-based RPG called Nemesis that will give you a preview of the system. It, and support for all ORE games, can be found here: http://www.nemesis-system.com/

buzz

Adventurer
Modoc said:
anyone see an updated version of GODLIKE in the future?
Wild Talents essentially is. It's reportedly pretty easy to mix aspects off all the ORE games, too, so you can add, e.g., the company rules from Reign into your Godlike game, too.

Remove ads