• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Godling

Mystern

First Post
i seem to remember somewhere reading about a class or possibly a template called "godling" for those characters who become powerful enough to begin having godly ambitions. does anyone know where this is listed or am i perhaps up in the night and imagined the whole thing?

werk

First Post
I found something third party on a google search:

"Template Troves, Volume 1: Serpents, Spiders and Godlings is the latest templates compilation from Silverthorne Games. Written by Sean K Reynolds, with additional writing by Robert Blezard, Ian Johnston, Chris Sims and John Zamarra,
As can be seen from this list, not all the templates are spider, serpent or godling related. All the godlings are Norse based and this might cause a problem if a DM does not wish to use the Norse pantheon or use creatures that are Norse related."

Hope that helps...

Mystern

First Post
werk said:
All the godlings are Norse based and this might cause a problem if a DM does not wish to use the Norse pantheon or use creatures that are Norse related."

hmm. the dm is the one who suggested it to me. but he, like me, cannot find it anywhere.

alright. new question. does anyone know exactly what one has to do to become a god?

werk

First Post
Mystern said:
alright. new question. does anyone know exactly what one has to do to become a god?

That's campaign specific.

Some campaigns are no can do, other settings will allow any schmuck with a talking sword become god of tyranny and death.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
werk said:
That's campaign specific.

Some campaigns are no can do, other settings will allow any schmuck with a talking sword become god of tyranny and death.
Any schmuck?!
killinme.gif

werk

First Post
Reveille said:
Any schmuck?!
killinme.gif

Seemed a good term to describe Cyric... If you read the first three books of the avatar series, he's the worst of the lot besides the love cleric.

Derro

First Post
Deities and Demigods has guidelines for becoming a divine power. It's been some time since I read them so I can't really even give you the gist but I know they are there.

I remember something in the epic handbook as well about divine apotheosis. In Complete Divine the Contemplative PrC gives a bit of what could be considered a progression towards divinity.

Couldn't the path of divinity be represented by the accumulation of the half-celestial or half-fiendish templates? Sort of like Dragon Disciple does with half-dragon.

Sorry I can't give you anything definitive. I guess the path to godhood is never easy.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads