• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gods, dead gods, and dominions: a list

ppaladin123

Adventurer
I updated the information on Khala. She apparently resided in a place called the Winter Fortress that was located somewhere in the natural world. This meant that the war over winter between the gods spilled over into the natural world, involved the primal spirits, and led to widespread destruction. It is one of the reasons that the spirits enforced a ban on further direct involvement in the world by the gods.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
I've updated the list with the five dead gods/goddesses described in Dragon 390. We know now that the unknown dead god bound to Erishani is actually Haramathur the god of guardians. We also know the name of one of Vecna's main strongholds: Citadel Cavitius.

It appears that there were once ~35 gods simultaneously but there are now only 20. There are 42 known gods that have existed at some time or another. Bane, Nerull, the Raven Queen, and Vecna were once mortals who attained godhood through their actions. Bahamut and Tiamat were born of Io, while Kord was born of Khala. Nusumnee was born of Zehir as a demi-god but latter achieved full god status. There is no theory on where the original gods (or primordials) came from.

Last edited:

Siberys

Adventurer
That'd be very Vecna-y; having the whole of creation, Tiamat included, duped into thinking she was born of Io, when really Vecna was the other half.

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
Great post. Although it's been a while, I bring something.

Kurtulmak is mentioned in Astral Sea as a former Demigod in service of Tiamat, and last known to be allied to Gruumsh.

Eclavdra is mentioned as an Exarch of Lolth in MM3

Great post. Although it's been a while, I bring something.

Kurtulmak is mentioned in Astral Sea as a former Demigod in service of Tiamat, and last known to be allied to Gruumsh.

Eclavdra is mentioned as an Exarch of Lolth in MM3

Thanks. I've added Eclavdra to the list. However, I couldn't find a mention of Kurtulmak in the Plane Above. Could you tell me the page number, please? TIA.

Mentat55

First Post
I think Kurtulmak is also mentioned as a exarch of Tiamat in the new Monster Vault, under the entry for the three-headed red dragon Calastryx -- specifically in the part of the fluff talking about the Emberdark kobolds.

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
The PoL Wiki mentions the following exarchs or angels, but don't give any source:

al-Shapal: The Bringer of Light, who might be an aspect of Erathis.
Corona Lysildya: The eladrin mistress of Faen Vardya in Arvandor.
Irfeljuhar: An exarch of Tiamat who once served Vecna and is unparalleled at the creation of rituals.
Krag-Ik: Known as "Eight-eye", a beholder turned exarch of Kord.
Niuria: An angel of secrets dedicated to Vecna.
Torzak Belgirn: The Soul forge of Moradin, who crafted the Rod of Law to defeat the Queen of Chaos.
Vorkhesis: An exarch of the Raven Queen.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads