• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gods playground

Voidrazor

First Post
magic_gathering2001 said:
What are abberations like as well, are they standard or different in any way?
Golbins too?

As for mine, elementals are of elven build and such, but are immortal (if elves aren't) and have the subtype of their native plane. THey also gain appropriate abilities (water breathing elemental traits) but are otherwise almost exactly elfish.

Aberrations gain longevity from their elven ancestry but are not immortal. So if elves are immortal, aberrations live 1500-2000 years. If elves live about 350 years then aberrations would be the same. Otherwise they are standard.

Wrahn

First Post
Nephtys said:
I simply assumed that just like Thef'chu Nefut with the Domain of the Dead was unable to take the followers of other deities to her afterlife so would Bea'ral be unable to affect the divine magic of other deities. If Llama decides otherwise I can only congratulate you, because all other deities are then almost completely powerless.

You'll notice that Voidrazors followers resisted all the effects of your action, for both arcane and divine magic as well as their own spell like and supernatural abilities. And I doubt that the other deities will simply accept your power over their followers without discussion. After all, the elves and elementals are as dependant upon magic as the goblins if not more so.

So we should not contradict one another IC? We should just go along with any action any of us decide no matter how outrageous when it directly concerns our own followers. So if I was to write that one of the fragments of the moon was to fall to earth and just happen to crush the Elven city and everyone in it you'd all be ok with that? You'd all simply continue the story from that point?

-

My point about the Goblins is that even if you could shut down both arcane and divine magic for 100 years the politically dominant priesthood would still be in charge of things locally, and since the priests can still communicate with their deity trough prayer they will still know her will. They know that when they die they will still belong to her, so they wouldn't disobey her.
Just think of how powerful the idea of God is in the real world, where the existence of the divine is unproven. And then consider how faithful people who have been living in a theocratic society for a thousand years in direct contact with their deity would be, when they know she will show no mercy for any failure to obey her will. Consider how obedient those little sheep would be, when in the real world people blow themselves up for far less.

I am not saying that you can not have legitimate concerns about the actions of another god and whether they should be able to do something or not. My point is that direct contradiction should be brought up here rather than the IC post. If you do not it will only lead to a continual I say it goes this way and you say it goes that, which is only a glorified uh uh, uh huh "argument".

As far as Bea'ral's supposed ability to make other gods powerless, well, lets just say I don't exactly find the argument valid coming from someone who just threw the moon into the sun. His actions didn't effect the gods ability to do anything at all, just their followers.

I don't see where the Dweller's followers resisted the disruption. The only thing I could find was the greater than intended effect and their fleeing underground to survive the moon and eating particular minereals to survive the disruption.

As far as the goblin empire, first, if Thef'chu Nefut is willing to devote that much effort to keeping an empire together, then you are correct. My assumption though is she would be unwilling to coordinate grain shipments or tally tax records or one of thousands of other tasks she would be forced to communicate. There is a great deal of tedium in running an empire, particularly in a pre-industrial civilization.

Countries have worshipped the same god for thousands of years and have perpetually gone to war with each other. A unified religion, even one which does not want war, tend to go to war because that is human nature. Goblinoid nature is even worse.

And for reference, yes, if you decided that Thef'chu Nefut destroyed the moon and sent it crashing down on the elven city, Bea'ral wouldn't even resist it. But that is Bea'ral. Others I assume would have something to say about it, but if they did it correctly (from my point of view) they would wisk their followers away to a safe place or recreate an exact duplicate of the city, resurrecting their followers or if they really couldn't stand what you had done, and could only see their diety directly stopping Thef'chu Nefut actions, then bringing it here and posting something like:

I can't see Bea'ral allowing the destruction of all his followers. He would directly resist the action. Suicidal_Llama could you resolve this conflict.

Another way, without resorting to deliberation would be to put something like: Thef'chu Nefut sees the goblin empire begin to crumble and exerts her aspect of fate to write into destiny that the Goblin Empire would stand for all time.

Of course doing that may cause others to say, hey wait a minute can she do that? But again the is suicidal Llama's job, not mine.

Suicidal_Llama

First Post
Yea i just read this after 4 days of not doing so and i was very suprised to see the moon cut in half and all kinds of crazy theories you guys have.

Here is my ruling:
Because Bea'ral has the domain of magic he can directly interfere with arcane magic, but this does not interfere with a god's ability to grant divine magic.
HOWEVER: a god of EQUAL(or greater) DR may limit another god's power to grant divine spellcasting.
So the goblin empire loses all arcane for the specified amount of time. Bea'ral may not interfere with thef'chu nefut's clerics.
The game continues as posted.
Wrahn i completely agree that arguments are for the OOC threads, please if you have a conflicting IC post please correct it ASAP; if the post is not a huge confliction with what happens you may not need to correct it but all participants must disregard actions that DID NOT TAKE PLACE.

Also if you are responding to an action of another god PLEASE post your response and what you TRY to do not what you assume what happens.

:D

Nephtys

First Post
That's fine by me :).

I'd like to apologise to everyone for my behavior, I've been annoyed my things not related to the game and I took it out on some of you. Sorry about that.

(btw, I didn't really fling the moon into the sun. I tried to but Othar successfully resisted.)
-

What about the question about wether we could create new deities with our surplus divine energy? Those of us who are DR 20 have no other route of advancement, and we need new deities to handle some important unclaimed domains.

Remove ads