• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Going crazy with ACF's?

edwee

First Post
I am planning a 4th level character who is heavily specialized in killing arcane spell casters. my current idea is to have lvl 1 sorcerer with the Stalwart and battle sorcerer variants meshed together with Spell Shield slapped on there just to get rid of the familiar.
Then go 3 levels of Ranger with the ACF's Arcane Hunter, Champion of the Wild, Druidic Avenger and Urban variants all tacked on together to get rid of the spell casting and the Animal Companion.
The urban ranger variant is there just to remove some of the nature based flavor of the Ranger, but serves no other real purpose.
He also has the Infernal Heritage feat and uses his spells from sorcerer to fuel his Infernal Sorcerer Eyes
I was just wondering if any DM's out here would allow this combination of variants/ACF's, or if anything seems a bit excessive

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I don't have a problem with it, especially since it's very much far from optimized. :)

I do think if youre gonna dip out of sorc, you'd do better with Hexblade 3 to get Mettle and +cha to saves.

Duke Arioch

First Post
You could go paladin of mystra. Take shooting star substitute from CoV (lvl 6 is most important). The 6th lvl gives you spellshatter... a targeted greater dispel on melee attack that hits x/day, where x is number of remove disease/week you would get w/out the substitute. The great thing about it is you use your paladin lvl (not caster lvl). And you have high saves due to divine grace. Slap in a couple of hexblade lvls to get mettle, buy ring of evasion, and watch casters cry as you shrug off their puny attempts to cast a spell at you, all the while taking their buffs away while smacking them over head, lol.
I think there are some other PrCs that give you mettle, but none come to mind at this late hour XD

Kinda like good ol'e inquisitor from 2.0 baldur's gate XD

emoplato

First Post
Because you will have very little spells to expend for your Infernal eyes while getting a lesser fighting that has a slight skill and damage bonus casters. You should look at classes with supernatural abilities and the mageslayer tree. If that doesn't work the spellcasting harrier feat allows for AoO's for casters casting defensively. Also there are many other ways through casting to gain concealment.

Last edited:

edwee

First Post
Hrm... so it is... thank you for telling me that! don't know why i didn't think that... what with the name being in it and all... I already was looking at the Mageslayer feats, and the Infernal Eyes is there just in case I ever need it, Its not something I'm relying on, so I don't need many spells to use it with. Mageslayer also already prevents enemy mages from casting defensively, doesn't it? making Spellcasting Harrier (an Epic Feat) useless (except the +4 to hit, thats nice)

Dandu

First Post
The main problem you will face is that your feats are geared for melee combat, and mages tend to invest a lot of effort into not being in melee combat.

edwee

First Post
true... but now that I have my animal companion again, do you know of any ACF's or Variants that takes away my animal companion but gives me something that would aid my martial combat?

Remove ads