• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Going to Dublin, Ireland -- Any Suggestions?

Atavar

First Post
Hey there everyone,

I plan to go to Ireland this fall for my honeymoon. It'll be a ten-day guided tour, starting and ending in Dublin. For the Dublin parts the tour includes a sightseeing tour of central Dublin, a visit to Trinity College's Old Library to view the Book of Kells, and a whiskey tasting and tour at the Old Jameson Distillery.

We have an extra day before coming home, a day during which we are free to do whatever we want to do in Dublin. We will be given vouchers for a Hop On/Hop Off Dublin City Tour.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on places to go and things to do during our free day in Dublin? It is scheduled for Tuesday, November 4 (Election Day, coincidentally--we're already planning on getting absentee ballots).

Thanks,

Atavar

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
lets see things that I enjoyed in my 1.5 days spent in dublin as part of a 2 week visit to Ireland.

1. Book of Kells - the whole exicibit is incredible, the Poem labled "turning darkness into light" nearly had me in tears - its not as good on-line, its all about the atmosphere.
I also made a gaming riddle out of one description of the book.

2. the walking tour it was fine, although I remember little of it.

3. Drinking with locals. Some local shop employees stood us to a round, then we them.
They bought the next 4. We closed the bar. Staggered back to our room, next morning we caught our 10 am train for belfast.

Looks like you have it covered. :)

Atavar

First Post
Thanks for the suggestions, EvilHalfling!

Everyone else, though...10 days and only one reply? C'mon! Aren't there any Dubliners or other Irish on here that can enlighten me?

Later,

Atavar

kenobi65

First Post
If you haven't had enough liquor, you could take the Guinness Brewery tour. That was a lot of fun.

I have a couple of friends who grew up in Dublin, but they're off to Scotland for his sister's wedding right now. When they get back later this week, I'll ask them for some suggestions.

Heckler

First Post
I wanna go!:(

The one thing I'd want to check out in Dublin would be The Abbey Theatre. It's an important site as far as theatre history goes. Its the oldest state sponsored theatre still active and was founded by John Millington Synge, William Butler Yeats, Lady Gregory and other famous Irish dramatists. Looking at their schedule they don't appear to be running anything in November. That seems like an odd time to go dark to me, so it could be they simply haven't scheduled anything yet. Either way, you might be able to get a tour of the place.

Remove ads