• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Golarion: I'm very impressed

Erekose

Eternal Champion
. . . That means we either reprint a book with a few errors that drive us nuts and a lot of pages of rules jukes that don't work perfectly with the final Pathfinder rules and a dearth of "crunch" anyway because we didn't know what system we'd be supporting when we wrote it, or we go back and do a revised edition that fixes the errors, adds some cool new stuff, and makes it work seamlessly with what is now pretty much unquestionably the second most popular fantasy roleplaying game currently on the market . . .

It's perhaps too much to ask for but would a web enhancement of any new material be available for those of us who have the 1st edition?

. . . a world map like this is something I would LOVE to get into the 2nd edition of the book!

Similarly would this be available for those of us who bought early?

Last edited:

megablake

First Post
I love this setting. I'm seeing a lot of echoing on how it's generic, but with so many imaginative bits that it works. As a DM with restricted time to play, this is great, because when a player plays a dwarf or an elf, they know what to expect.

And when they discover some cool bit of setting fluff ("there's a necromancer ghost-ruled kingdom where skeletons till the soil?", "there's a place that's like bloody revolution France, only all the time?" and so on) they get even more thrilled to go visit.

The designers did a great job interweaving the nations too. I mean, you could play a whole campaign in nearly any single nation without too much cross-cultural contamination, and at the same time, things at the bottom of the world have historical ties to the top and vice versa. It's great.

James Jacobs

Adventurer
how about a globe?

Globes get mentioned a lot.

They're complicated for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that we've never made a globe at Paizo before, and shipping costs for it would be pretty grisly.

Has there EVER been a globe made for an RPG product?

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Globes get mentioned a lot.

They're complicated for a lot of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that we've never made a globe at Paizo before, and shipping costs for it would be pretty grisly.

Well, you could do a cheaper alternative - an inflatable globe. That way you can ship it deflated. And, it would have the added bonus of being usable in a swimming pool. You know, for those water-based campaigns. :D

coyote6

Adventurer

I don't know that I've ever seen a globe for any fictional setting. Someone must've made one for something, though -- surely some Tolkien fan has a company that's made a globe of Middle Earth.

Edit: If they have, it's evading my quick attempts at Google-fu.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads