• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gold Overload - Paragon and Epic - Interesting Ideas

LordGraz'zt

First Post
I will soon be starting my Paragon campaign and am hoping you can provide me with some ideas re: things for my players to spend their money on.

At Level 12 the monetary value of the treasure parcels is 26k - what interesting and fun things can I let my players spend their hard won gold on?

I am restricting magic items - just because I much prefer to have the majority of magic items come from adventures as opposed to just popping down to your local mage guild and loading up with whatever looks good on the character builder.

I will probably allow them to purchase minor magic items but they are going to have a lot of left over gold and I would like to give them interesting options on which to use their funds. In some cases they will have backstory driven purchases but I would love to hear what great ideas you can come up with - as well as any feedback from your paragon and epic games and what you did in regards to their rapidly increasing treasure hoards.

radja

First Post
if I want to give my players a money sink which they are happy to spend their hard-earned cash on, I give them a base of operations. One of my favourites was an old lighttower. After repairing the old tower it was quickly expanded with a dock for ships, a wall was built, other buildings erected inside the wall and public works added (including a public fountain based on a decanter of endless water, a bathhouse, a bardic school/theatre and a small temple). Guards and workers were hired and outfitted generously, to attract people. It's a great moneysink, and opens up some interesting possibilities like an attack on their own base by bad guys, monsters etc.

Remove ads