• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good adventure to run for new DM playing with seasoned players

corcio

First Post
im trying to find a good adventure module to run thats easy for a new DM like me to pick up and run for a group of seasoned players who are tired of DMing....and suggestions.
so far ive only found modules like the goodman games series. which seem ok but much to simple
to more extravagent and confusing ones like city of the spider queen....
any advice?

wmasters

First Post
For a new DM, simple is good. For seasoned players simple is still good, believe it or not. It doesn't need to be complicated.

The Goodman Games series are good. Necromancer Games do some good modules as well. I'm quite a fan of the AEG adventures too, and there's lots of other good modules out there. The Sunless Citadel is apparently very good too.

I'd keep it low-level, if you're new to DMing, it's much easier to keep an idea of what's going on at lower levels when you don't have to worry about dimension doors, teleports, passwall, scrying etc.

delericho

Legend
wmasters said:
The Sunless Citadel is apparently very good too.

Sunless Citadel is very good. I'm not sure I'd run it for seasoned players, though. I think perhaps I would look for a low-level module, but one that does something a little different from the norm.

Sadly, nothing leaps to mind for me to suggest.

Asmor

First Post
I've got a friend who'd never ran a game before. He isn't very good with the rules of D&D, and wasn't back then. I had to practically beg and plead to get someone else to run a game so I could play.

And ya know what? It was a lot of fun.

It was just a plain, stupid dungeon crawl, but we all had a lot of fun. We woke up in a dark room, kicked a door open, killed a few kobolds... The usual. No semblance of a story. Some light puzzles (find the key to the locked door that can't be picked/bashed).

Basically, all I'm saying is don't worry too much. I'm sure it must be pretty intimidating to you to be DMing for all of these veterans, but it's all in your head. They'll understand that you're new, they'll appreciate the difference in styles, and if they're anything like me, they'll just be genuinely happy to be playing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads