Good alternatives to rpg.net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aco175

Legend
1702681552392.png

Thomas Shey

Legend
You might give the RPGPub a look; I find the tone over there vaguely offputting, but its rather broader in focus than here while avoiding some of the issues RPG.net or the RPGSite have.

Jahydin

Hero
Honestly, I think ENWorld is your best bet. (y)

I use it for my "general" RPG talk and news. For specific games, I'll join their matching Discords. Troll Lord Games has one of my favorites if you're into OSR.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Honestly, I think ENWorld is your best bet. (y)

I use it for my "general" RPG talk and news. For specific games, I'll join their matching Discords. Troll Lord Games has one of my favorites if you're into OSR.

I think there's a little too low a density of people interested in RPGs outside the D&D-sphere here for that to really true; its all too easy to bring up a game that won't support an ongoing discussion. And sometimes you don't want to have to join a new Discord just because you want to have a discussion about Game X (even more if you're going to want to talk about it in the context of similar Games Y and Z).

But the options that aren't, honestly, kind of toxic in one way or another are unfortunately kind of limited.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
There's always reddit. Though finding the right sub reddit can be easier said then done.
Reddit is probably the best bet, but /rpg has its games it's passionate about and hates. I think that's true of the various Facebook groups as well.

I think the time of a one-size-fits-all website is coming to an end. Which, given how much damage Twitter and Facebook, etc., have done, is probably a good thing on balance, even if it means having to join a lot more small communities to cover all bases. (A lot of the tiny communities are pretty great, though. Nothing but good things to say about the Pirate Borg Facebook group, for instance.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads