• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good character sheets?

Kitsune

Explorer
I was just filling out a character sheet for this weekend's game when it occured to me that the sheet was just plain ugly. It was the WotC sheet, and the best looking one I'd seen for 3E stuff, but it was still boxy and had lots of space wasted for junk I'd never use while the things I did need written down never seemed to have quite enough space.

It's evident that a custom sheet would be good, and it'd be great if there was something that could be printed out on a color printer and look extra slick while it's at it. Has anyone run across anything of the sort? Not a PC generator, per se, but something that could arrange the information you entered in a nice way for printing.

Barring that, does anyone have any particularly nice character sheets they've found? Links would be great with that, too.

BButler

First Post
Its not really all that much. The meat of the character fits onto the front and back of a sheet. For most of my charaters, I've just used the first two pages. If i needed a spell sheet, I just printed off whatever specific page I needed.

Sure, if you're a wiz 6/sor 6/clr 8, you'll end up with a lot of spell sheets, but for most characters it really isn't that much.

Foundry of Decay

First Post
Anyone know of good sheets that don't have Feat check lists?

I don't mind skill lists, since the skills are pretty much set, but I use a lot of custom feats, as well, I like to add the page number after each one so I can look them up quickly.. I'd *much* prefer being able to write them down.

So far the only ones I can find require Word to read, or are PDF's with form fields, which I find useless, since every time you go up a level you have to redefine and reprint.

There used to be one very good sheet, that was simply one you printed off, and wrote on. It had little ovals for saves and stat modifiers etc, but that one seems to have disappeared completely.

Artoomis

First Post
The best I've seen are from PCGen:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcgen/

It's not quite trivial to get this loaded and working, but it's worth it! Not only do you get good character sheets, you get a variety of them to choose from all using the same data. This is my favorite.

It even feeds the data into a couple of PDA character sheets - PCGenView for PALMs and something else for Windows-based PDAs.

I use PCGenView at the gaming table for most of my characters actions and tracking hit points, spells, etc.

PCGen can be used that way, too, if you don't mind having your laptop at the gaming table.

Bavix

First Post
Here's my sheet

Here's the character sheet we use in our group. It's a lot like the WotC sheet but a little more open and streamlined. Tell me what you think.

XOOOXXO,

Rob

Attachments

• 3e pc sheet 1.pdf.zip
    67.8 KB · Views: 112

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads