• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good City Adventures

DayTripper

Explorer
So, anyone got any recommendations for good city adventures that I can use or convert for use in my 4e campaign? My players are heading for a big city where I plan to run a conversion of of the 1e D&D classic, The Veiled Society, and it would be nice to run some other city based adventures while they are there.

Crothian

First Post
Ring of Thieves, it is a PDF by Game Mechanics and writen by Rodney Thompson who bascially did a lot with Star Wars Saga and now works for the D&D 4e line. It is a city based adventure for the city of Liberty but should easily be used in other places. I adapted it to Sharn when I was running Eberron. It does take the PCs to many different areas of the city so can also serve as a good way to let them see the city.

The 11th Hour is another PDf adventure. It takes place in a signle inn. It is a mystery and plays out like no other adventure I've seen.

The Veiled Society was Basic D&D BTW.

I think the original Freeport Trilogy for 3E was pretty good and could be modified to fit in Specularum with a little work.

Wicht

Hero
[shameless plug]Check out "Kavit Tor's Emporium of collectible curiousities" for a plug in site that could potentially give your players something to do. Its stated for PFRPG but I hear 4e makes things really easy to adapt for.[/shameless plug]

Dark Mistress

First Post
I would check out Urban Adventures by 0one games. They have 6 so far and they all take place from what I understand with in a single city. I don't have them all so i don't know if they ever leave the city but I don't think they do.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
If you are going to convert anyway, you might have a look at the 1st edition Warhammer FRPG adventures "Shadows over Bögenhafen" and "Power behind the Throne."

SoB takes place in a mid-sized town where a rich merchant has become a pawn of a demon. The demon has tricked the merchant into performing a rather grisly ritual which should allow the merchant to reclaim his soul. Alas, when the ritual is successful a chaos gate is opened instead, which allows other demonic creatures access to the place. If the PCs are not successful, there'll be dire consequences for the world.

PbtT takes place in a big city (with some architectural curiosities) where a chaos cult works to bring down the whole city and a lot of powerful entities of the realm. This adventure is very heavy in the roleplaying department. If your players like to uncover a good story and deal with lots of colourful, well describes NSCs, PbtTis a hit.

Ptolus - hands down. It's a city in a book plus adventures.

After that? God. Lots. Zobeck - as portrayed in the Gazetteer and Tales of Zobeck. (I wrote one of the eight adventures in that - so bias should be noted.) Mad God's Key is a really good starter city adventure.

DayTripper

Explorer
All good suggestions, I'll check out most of these though I suspect that Ptolus will be too big as the players are stopping off in the city rather than basing the whole campaign there.

I completely forgot that Veiled Society was OD&D! Which is poor of me as I played it originally in OD&D back in the day and I have a copy of it for my conversion!! Clearly I'm too old now to even remember what versions of D&D I've played...

Remove ads