Good counter for Solid Fog?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Knightfall Casts Thread Resurrection!

I have a similar scenario taking place in my Realmsian Dragonstar pbp game. (My player's should not read this post!)

One of my player's just cast solid fog on my power-infused cleric. I don't want to post too many details about my villain since you never know who might stumble into this thread.

Now, my cleric hasn't cast freedom of movement on himself, yet, but he does have a unique magic circle spell-like ability that protects against both good and evil, as well as lesser globe of invulnerability. He also has a homebrewed spell that I borrowed from [MENTION=1210]the Jester[/MENTION] called Marius’ double actions (see below). He also has a Dragonstar spell on him called total protection (protects against all types of elemental attacks up to a certain amount).

What should be the ruling for how the solid fog interacts with the double actions spell? Also, I'm assuming that solid fog won't prevent my cleric from casting spells, even without freedom of movement. He simple can't take move actions like normal. Is that right?

Will he still be able to cast two standard action spells? Should there be a Concentration check?

[sblock="My R.D. Players - Don't Read This!"]He has a template that has given him blindsight up to 130 feet. Heh.[/sblock]

Marius’ Double Actions
By the Jester

Transmutation (Time)
Level: Chr 6, Imperial 7, Sor/Wiz 7, Time 7
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1d4 rounds

This spell allows you to take two rounds worth of actions on your turn, including two standard actions and two move-equivalent actions. If you do not otherwise move during your turn you may make two five-foot-steps, but if you do the second one is subject to attacks of opportunity. This spell does not allow you to cast additional Quickened spells in the round.

Material Component: A bit of sand from the Temporal Prime.

Last edited:

Remove ads