• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good gaming stores in Philadelphia?

Knightcrawler

First Post
So couple of friends and I are spending Friday night in Philadelphia on our way to Atlantic City for a bachelor party. Can anyone recommend any good gaming stores. And if anyone could recommend a couple of good restaurants I'd be grateful. Thanks

Lalato

Adventurer
I was just in Philly a couple of weeks ago... I found a small comics/gaming store on the 2000 block of Sansom St. Not a big selection, but good enough for browsing.

--sam

Mallus

Legend
The place Lalato mentioned is Fat Jack's Comic Crypt. I just bought the Complete Warrior there last Sat.

I have a ton of resturants recommendations. What kind of cousine do you want? Where are you staying? Price range?

WizarDru

Adventurer
There's also a decent game store on the 1400 block of Chestnut St., right next to the Prince Music Theatre. I've bought a few DnD books there.

Unfortunately I forget the name at the moment. I'll update when I remember it.

Lalato

Adventurer
WizarDru said:
There's also a decent game store on the 1400 block of Chestnut St., right next to the Prince Music Theatre. I've bought a few DnD books there.

Unfortunately I forget the name at the moment. I'll update when I remember it.

I must have walked right past it without seeing it. Oh well... maybe next time I'm in Philly...

--sam

3catcircus

Adventurer
Knightcrawler said:
So couple of friends and I are spending Friday night in Philadelphia on our way to Atlantic City for a bachelor party. Can anyone recommend any good gaming stores. And if anyone could recommend a couple of good restaurants I'd be grateful. Thanks

Save your time (and money) for Atlantic City instead - there is a *great* game store in Northfield (about 5 miles from AC, on Rt. 9) called Jester's Playhouse. Great selection, friendly staff, and there is *always* a game of some kind going on, either a pick-up CCG or an organized event (or even my own Sunday afternoon D&D or Thursday night Spycraft games).

3catcircus

Adventurer
robaustin said:
If you have a car you can hop over the bridge, go north about 5 miles on Route 130 to Gamer's Realm in Cinnaminson, NJ.

See their web site: http://www.gamersrealm.com

--*Rob

No offense, Rob - but Gamer's Realm has gone downhill in a hurry - and it started about a year or so ago when the main guy managing that store either quit or was fired. I occasionally stop in there on Thursday nights (and used to play Living Greyhawk there every month). They used to have a good selection of new and used games, a decent selection of mini's, and a good atmosphere for playing RPGs. Now, when I go in there, I see that the single copy of the newest item I want is already sold out and they seem to have *no* idea of when they are getting more - "Try back next Tuesday." Additionally, it seems that the only games that are played there are 8-yr old hordes playing the latest CCG.

If you want to visit Gamer's Realm - stick with the original up in the Princeton/Trenton area.

Knightcrawler

First Post
As to what to eat pretty anything is good. Places that locals like are usually the best. As to price range I don't think I would want to go over $20-$25 per person.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads