• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Good Magic Items for a 3rd Level Rogue

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
In my group, the guy playing the rogue is inexperienced with Pathfinder. He has tasked another player with building his character and levelling him up.

This player has 2400 gp to spend on a magic item and doesn't know what to get. The rogue already has a +1 rapier and +1 leather armor.

Caveat: the character can only get one actual magic item, so a mix of ten things won't work.

What item(s) would you recommend?

Ahnehnois

First Post
Daredevil Softpaws look like a pretty good item for enhancing your combat capacity if you plan on tumbling a lot.

Of course, the most cost-efficient item will always be the Cloak of Resistance, which still leaves over half your money to save or spend on nonmagical gear.

Ramaster

Adventurer
Quick Runner’s Shirt: One extra move action per day for 1.000 GP.

Mask of Stony Demeanor: A steal at 500 grants a +10 bonus on bluff checks made to lie and +5 on feint checks. It's drawback is granting a -5 on checks to pass secret messages.

Cap of Human Guise: Similar to a Hat of Disguise, but cheaper at 800 and also less versatile.

Hat of Disguise: Of course! Great for a rogue at 1.800 a pop.

Ioun Torch: Probably not what he is looking for, but an everburning torch that does not take up a hand at only 75 bucks?! I'll take 2!

Handy Haversack: A classic at 2k GP.

Burglar's Braces: For the weird price of 1.050 GP, these bad boys can turn into a set of masterwork thief tools that let you take 10 on any one of these checks per day.

But, yeah, I would still recommend the clock of resistance over any of these.

Dragonsbane

Proud Grognard
Great choices. Personally, if I had a newer player that wasn't too familiar with the Pathfinder rules, I would have him pick from the Core Rulebook. Players need to know basic items like cloaks of resistance and rings of protection!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads