• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good modules to take some newbies through

Tidus4444

First Post
Knowing my interest in dnd, several of my fellow members of the sci-fi club have asked them to teach them d&d. This obviously means that I will be DM. However, my creative skills are very lacking, so I want to purchase a module for the first few sessions. CAn any of you suggest good low-mid level modules?

jester47

First Post
T1 Village of Hommlet (TSR)
B2 Keep on the Borderlands (TSR)
Sunless Citadel (WotC)
Crucible of Freya (Necromancer Games)
Death in Freeport (Green Ronin)

Doppleganger

First Post
I think we've seen several testimonials here at enworld that Gorgoldand's Gauntlet has produced fantastic results as a "newbies-to-D&D" adventure. Best of all, it's free! (was first introduced on a Dungeon magazine bonus cd). It's typical cave/dungeon exploration adventure including a bunch of simple and fun mental puzzles, plus a unique and memorable climax encounter. Not sure why this adventure works so well with newbies, but you can't argue with success! :D

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Nemoren's Vault would be my choice. Not only is it a well written low-leel adventure, it also gives you (the DM) a plausible, pre-made reason for the party to "Get together".

d4

First Post
i'll second the suggestion for Sunless Citadel. it was written to be a group's first 3e adventure. beyond that, i found it pretty fun.

i didn't particularly care for Gorgoldand's Gauntlet. i've read through it but it seemed rather boring to me. however, i don't really like "puzzle" adventures -- and i like DMing them even less than i do playing them.

KrolltheGreat

First Post
jester47 said:
T1 Village of Hommlet (TSR)
B2 Keep on the Borderlands (TSR)
Sunless Citadel (WotC)
Crucible of Freya (Necromancer Games)
Death in Freeport (Green Ronin)

Yes, Sunless Citadel, very good suggestion... Played that one for a short while... B2 Keep also, it has some good in-depth story line...

diaglo

Adventurer
since this is an introductory lesson in D&D, i would suggest The Adventure Begins boxed set.

edit: but i only make this suggestion since you want to stay with the newer editions.

if you want to play real D&D. i would suggest finding the Original D&D(1974) boxed set :D

Last edited:

Remove ads