• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good 'Plunderable' dungeons

Nilbog

Snotling Herder
Hi

I'm currently running a sandbox campaign and while I'm handcrafting the locations that are key to the main plot thread, to save time and effort I'm wondering if you guys have any recommendations for dungeons/dungeon levels (or encounters) i could lift and shift from other adventures\campaign settings\source books that would flesh out the sandbox?

ideally I'd like a few that have interesting themes and puzzles and aren't too large in size (just enough really to last a couple of sessions, and allow the players to gain XP, and loot, and for me to drop in a few nuggets about the main quest and flesh out the world they are in). I'm hoping to avoid just room after room of monsters. I don't really mind what system they are from as I can tweak the specific rules to PF2e or the general theme, as I again I can reskin this to fit my setting

Thank you :)

Fanaelialae

Legend
Hi

I'm currently running a sandbox campaign and while I'm handcrafting the locations that are key to the main plot thread, to save time and effort I'm wondering if you guys have any recommendations for dungeons/dungeon levels (or encounters) i could lift and shift from other adventures\campaign settings\source books that would flesh out the sandbox?

ideally I'd like a few that have interesting themes and puzzles and aren't too large in size (just enough really to last a couple of sessions, and allow the players to gain XP, and loot, and for me to drop in a few nuggets about the main quest and flesh out the world they are in). I'm hoping to avoid just room after room of monsters. I don't really mind what system they are from as I can tweak the specific rules to PF2e or the general theme, as I again I can reskin this to fit my setting

Thank you :)
The Dark of Hot Springs Island has some really interesting dungeon design. Each dungeon has a good amount of background and a map with brief area descriptions, but the dungeons themselves are populated using a random encounter table that also involves what the creatures are doing. So they will be different every time.

That said, many of the dungeons are tied quite significantly into the history of Hot Springs Island, so I'm not sure how easy it would be to drop into your particular setting. Also, I don't recall seeing any puzzles (unless you consider working out the history to be a puzzle itself). The product is however system neutral.

Fanaelialae

Legend
@Nilbog you could also try adventurelookup.com

If you're not familiar with it, it is a site lets you search for adventures using various criteria, including "dungeon". You might be able to find what you're looking for there.

Remove ads