• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good PrC for a Ranger?

Horrendos

First Post
Hiho,

i was planing my new Ranger and have looked for some PrC but i had to recognize that there aren't any PrC that really fits for my Char.

Which PrC would you think is the best choice?

Some Infos to my char:

Race: Human
Feats: Range-Combat and TWF
Skills: Scout(ing) (Hide, Move Silently)
Attr: Str(15), Dex(18), Con(15), Wis(13), Int(10), Cha(8)

If u need further inform. please post.

Evil Eli

First Post
Before you go off and starting asking about PrC, you should ask your DM a few questions first!

1) Are you even allowed to play PrC's?
2) What PrC's are avalible in the Campaign?
3) What are the campaign requirments to join that particular PrC?(above and beyond the core requirment for the PrC)

4) Why and the heck do you want a PrC in the first place. PrC's should be something your character has to want to aspire to and are a story mechanic. They are not Power-ups!

If you are playing in a Munckin/Powergamer Campaign ignore the above and check out the DeepWood Sniper!

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
You haven't provided any information about the motivation or aspirations of your character, so it makes it difficult to give any suggestions. He could easily become a horizonwalker or shadowdancer, he could become an assassin, he could multiclass with a wide range of other classes...

Evil Eli has the right of it though. It is your DM that you have to talk to about prestige classes (that's why the're in the DMG rather than the PH!)

Cheers

BVB

First Post
If you could multi-class at least one level of Barbarian (for the rage ability), I'd suggest the Bunny Tamer prestige class. The "gleeful thumping" ability and "snack on daisies" abilities at 3rd and 5th level, respectively, truly complement the TWF path you've chosen already.

Horrendos

First Post
My DM allows PrC if they come from a official Source. (WotC Books) He think that this are the most balanced PrC.

I am searching for a PrC which not have to be a "POWERUP" or something. In the most cases this is a powerup.I like to play a character which has lot of opportunities. A Barbarian for Example would be char i wouldn't like to play because he is too much focused on the Battle.

DM_Matt

First Post
Evil Eli said:
Before you go off and starting asking about PrC, you should ask your DM a few questions first!

1) Are you even allowed to play PrC's?
2) What PrC's are avalible in the Campaign?
3) What are the campaign requirments to join that particular PrC?(above and beyond the core requirment for the PrC)

4) Why and the heck do you want a PrC in the first place. PrC's should be something your character has to want to aspire to and are a story mechanic. They are not Power-ups!

If you are playing in a Munckin/Powergamer Campaign ignore the above and check out the DeepWood Sniper!

Wow, that isnt a bunch of Weak-PC snobbery ;) . "22 point-buy? Munchkin! We use all tens. can't have them PCs going munchkin on us!"

greymarch

First Post
Ranger based PrCs, and the WoTC books they come from...

Darkwood Stalker - Complete Warrior's Handbook
Order of the Bow Initiate - Sword and Fist, Complete Warrior's Handbook
Deepwood Sniper - Masters of the Wild
Peerless Archer - Silver Marches (Forgotten Realms)
Stalker of Tashid - Book of Exalted Deeds
Master of the Yuirwood - Unapproachable East (Forgotten Realms)

If you want some ideas on how to min/max your ranger, go the following WoTC messageboard:
http://boards1.wizards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=339

Horrendos said:
My DM allows PrC if they come from a official Source. (WotC Books) He think that this are the most balanced PrC.

I am searching for a PrC which not have to be a "POWERUP" or something. In the most cases this is a powerup.I like to play a character which has lot of opportunities. A Barbarian for Example would be char i wouldn't like to play because he is too much focused on the Battle.

Opportunities can mean a lot of things. I suggest a PrC called "ranger": seriously. It's got really cool non-combat stuff, and it's pretty narrow so it qualifies as a PrC.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads