• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good rule of thumb

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I'd like to present a good rule of thumb to all posters who come onto the ENWorld 4E Discussion board and begin to make rules arguments.

* If you find yourself arguing a 4E rule with someone, take a look at both your and your discussion partner's Post count. If his/her count is more than 1000 above yours... assume that you are probably incorrect and should really pay closer attention to their argument and the sources they present to prove it.

The folks on these boards have been discussing 4E rules for years and have probably argued against the same point you are trying to make already. You probably are wrong. Not always... but most likely. Like I said... it's a good rule of thumb. If you don't believe me, then move to subsection A of this rule of thumb.

* If you find yourself arguing a 4E rule, take a look at how many people are on both sides of the argument. If there are five times as many people on one side as the other... assume that the lower side is probably incorrect.

And as a little addendum to this subsection A rule... DracoSuave is assumed to count as 5 people. ;)

JoeGKushner

First Post
Post count doesn't necessarily make one a rules guru though. A lot of times when I post I generally, not always mind you, am talking about themes, player conflict, etc... stuff that's reliance on the rules are generally low. There are several psoters out there with much lower post counts than mine who are math breakers in the D&D world. Hell, I remember John Cooper during the height of 3e releases. Dude could find the monster errors like there was no tomorrow.

Scribble

First Post
Wait...

Joe has a higher post count, so by Draco's post he's correct. But He's then correct about saying that higher post counts aren't always correct so he's not correct...

Who do I believe????

Arrrrrgggg this is one of those crazy logic loops like when some guy tells you everything he says is a lie... Can you believe him? he says everything he says is a lie, but then that would mean what he said is a lie and he's telling the truth, but that would be the truth about lying-

I'm so confused.

beepeearr

First Post
I find this concept bizarre it's equivalent to saying who ever talks the most is right, what if some one posts over 2000 times about their homebrew based off my little pony, or people who play by posts they also have an inflated post counts also often when someone is wrong in an argument they tend to get ganged up on and post a lot more often then any of the people they are arguing with since someone else posted what they were going to say. Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you can't be wrong.

I find this concept bizarre it's equivalent to saying who ever talks the most is right, what if some one posts over 2000 times about their homebrew based off my little pony, or people who play by posts they also have an inflated post counts also often when someone is wrong in an argument they tend to get ganged up on and post a lot more often then any of the people they are arguing with since someone else posted what they were going to say. Just because you post a lot doesn't mean you can't be wrong.

I agree that just because people post more doesn't mean they necessarily are infallible, but I don't think the OP was being entirely serious. I've been playing 4E since it was released and I only just joined the fine ENWorld community here, and I've had no one tell me that I was wrong because I have only 11 posts.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads