• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Good, shortish 4e adventures for the high Heroic Tier?

S'mon

Legend
Hi everybody. I was wondering what published shortish (at most about 1 level) 4e adventures you would recommend for the high Heroic Tier (ca 9th-10th level), into Low Paragon? I'm looking at possibilities for my 4e Forgotten Realms Loudwater campaign; things that can be easily dropped into an ongoing campaign set in a northern-temperate, borderlands sort of locale.

Adventures I've previously run in this campaign include the stuff from the FR campaign setting book, The Slaying Stone, Heathen from Dungeon 155, and currently Orcs of Stonefang Pass.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
When you say "published" I'm guessing you mean "published by WotC", in which case I don't have any great suggestions.

However, you're welcome to use Descent Into Darkness, one of my free adventures. It works best at high heroic tier. The post with maps and links to the prequels is here, and the direct PDF download is here.

bargle0

First Post
Hi everybody. I was wondering what published shortish (at most about 1 level) 4e adventures you would recommend for the high Heroic Tier (ca 9th-10th level), into Low Paragon? I'm looking at possibilities for my 4e Forgotten Realms Loudwater campaign; things that can be easily dropped into an ongoing campaign set in a northern-temperate, borderlands sort of locale.

Adventures I've previously run in this campaign include the stuff from the FR campaign setting book, The Slaying Stone, Heathen from Dungeon 155, and currently Orcs of Stonefang Pass.

CORE1-12 Songs of the Heart is set in Evereska, which isn't too far from Loudwater and the Gray Vale. It's in the LFR Adventure Archive. There are also other adventures set in the surrounding regions, in Luruar, Waterdeep, Baldur's Gate, and Elturgard.

EDIT: I should also mention PREQ3-1, which deals with the Netherese takeover of Spellgard (LFR continuity). There are also a bunch of paragon modules dealing directly with the Netherese, including NETH3-1 which takes place roughly in your region of Faerun. Confusingly, all the NETH3-x mods occur before PREQ3-1.

Have you run Scepter Tower of Spellgard?

Last edited:

S'mon

Legend
When you say "published" I'm guessing you mean "published by WotC", in which case I don't have any great suggestions.

However, you're welcome to use Descent Into Darkness, one of my free adventures. It works best at high heroic tier. The post with maps and links to the prequels is here, and the direct PDF download is here.

Doesn't have to be by WoTC, no.

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

S'mon

Legend
CORE1-12 Songs of the Heart is set in Evereska, which isn't too far from Loudwater and the Gray Vale. It's in the LFR Adventure Archive. There are also other adventures set in the surrounding regions, in Luruar, Waterdeep, Baldur's Gate, and Elturgard.

EDIT: I should also mention PREQ3-1, which deals with the Netherese takeover of Spellgard (LFR continuity). There are also a bunch of paragon modules dealing directly with the Netherese, including NETH3-1 which takes place roughly in your region of Faerun. Confusingly, all the NETH3-x mods occur before PREQ3-1.

Have you run Scepter Tower of Spellgard?

Thanks for the advice. No, I own Scepter Tower but have not run it.

Taed

First Post
There's always Tomb of Horrors, namely the short translation of the old adventure that was the DM Reward about 2 years ago. Of course, if you play that at 9th level, the characters won't survive until 10th.

Remove ads