• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good term for "mental dodge"

Flobby

Explorer
Any good ideas for a good term for the mental equivalent of dodging? I can't think of a good term.... I'm designing a game (which may end up being just a homebrew) which has 8 Abilities:
Strength
Agility
Dexterity
Constitution
Intelligence
Awareness
Willpower
Influence

Attacks are against Dodge (10 + Agility)
And damage is determined by your Resistance check (=Constitution)

For mental damage, Willpower is used.
Now I want mental attacks to go against 10 + Perception but can't think of a good name for this... Anyone have any ideas?

Flobby

Explorer
Thanks for quick replies!
Spirit is another term I'm using so I can't use that... Resolve sounds good though...
I like Obviate actually but I had to look up the word!:)

[OMENRPG]Ben

First Post
I think another one that might be less cool but simpler than obviate is "ward." It sounds like a block or mental dodge in my head. Although wouldn't 10 + Intelligence or Willpower make more sense for this kind of attack? Yet, that's another matter :)

Flobby

Explorer
Yeah, Perception is not set in stone, but I wanted something different than Willpower, and thought that Perception would be the mental equivalent of Agility?? But maybe Intelligence is more logical...

Remove ads