• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good vs Evil: D&D Wargaming

Fieari

Explorer
Okay. This is how it goes:

You Teleport in, and get a Surprise Round!

Dan and Zan cast Finger of Death on their targets.

Save DC: 10(base) + 7(level) + 11(cha mod) = 28

Dragon Saving Throw: 15(rolled) + ??? = SAVE!
Druid Saving Throw: 20(rolled) + ??? = SAVE!

Dragon Takes: 4+6+3(rolled) + 15(level) = 28 Points of Damage
Druid Takes: 6+5+4(rolled) + 15(level) = 30 Points of Damage

The Druid screams in pain from this attack... the dragon is hurt also, but not as much as the druid.

Now, as a free action, you Greater Teleport out, back to Lowgate.

50 Lantern Archons will arrive in 1d6-1 rounds to account for relaying messages and organization-- 2 rounds.

Tyreus

First Post
:\...........NNNOOOO!!!!!!

Cheater! :p Well that's not good....

Dan and Zan both cast improved invisablity and stoneskin, preparing to go back into the room. Zan has 2 7 lvl slots open and Dan has 3 7 lvl slots open. Dan will teleport to one corner, while Zan teleports to another. When they get there Dan and Zan will both cast a maximized fireball on the druid. (60 pts fire damage each, reflex DC:24) Dan will use his rod for a quickened finger of death on the dragon, while Zan uses his rod for a widened wall of force to cover trap himself with plenty of room in a corner. If the dragon isn't dead from the finger of death, then Zan will use his contingeancy (free action) to switch places with the dragon. (will DC:23)

WizWrm

First Post
"Shall I gate my forces in to help defend, then, or wait to strike at them while they attack your position?" asks Zedrihar.

nameless

First Post
"We have started a skirmish on the enemies' home turf. Attempting to destroy their portal now. Rally your troops, more information coming in moments."

Fieari

Explorer
It has begun... as the Archons enter the room, they are greeted by a force of Air Mephits... a large number of them, but fewer then the number of Archons. As the Archons sing their heavenly song in chorus (Aura of Menace) every single Mephit shivers. They seem shaken... frightened of these balls of light flying through their master's cavern.

Round One of Battle ensues... a few Archons manuever behind the mirror, and if not distrubed, will have it back on your airship next round.

The Mephits, frightened as they are, try bravely to fight the Archons, but they are so distracted by self doubt and guilt and fear of hell that they can't get any hits in. Your Archons manage to take down one of the Mephits with difficulty. They may be frightened, but they are fast little buggers.

Neither the Dragon nor the Druid are effected by the song.

Moments later (same round), the Invisible Stoneskinned Dan and Zan have positioned themselves outside the room with all the chaos, and they set up a wall of force. Ravens pouring out of the mirror smack into the wall and knock themselves unconscious like sparrows into a picture window.

There are ten kobolds in the hallway with the sorcerers. When the commotion starts, they run towards the room, but are kept outside.

Things are looking up...

nameless

First Post
I don't want to argue, I'm just uncertain of how it was at all difficult for the archons to kill just one mephit. Did they mostly miss? Each touch attack (+4 total attack bonus) does 1d6+1 with a range of 30' and ignores DR of all types. I imagined it would be a slaughter with all those beams flying around, especially if they lose 2 AC from the aura of menace.

Also, their orders were to concentrate all fire on the dragon and druid, meaning every single archon shoots beams until one falls. I don't need you to go back in time for that, but for the future rounds that's what I want them doing.

Fieari

Explorer
Mostly missing. I'm going in order of Initiative... only about 20 Archons have gone so far, and I was getting a long string of very low rolls. And while I sortof remembered that you had told them to attack the dragon, I got distracted when rolling because I have to deal with all these bloody Mephits, and I kinda wanted to see THEM go down simply so I'd not have to roll so much. Sorry. That was my fault.

Remove ads