Good vs Evil: D&D Wargaming

Tyreus

First Post
Fieari said:
Your speech alone would have inspired the people to take up arms, but the foul attack which claimed, when all was said and done, a total of 47 people, mostly civilians, only stiffened their moral, and did so greatly. You have 450 additional points to use. Your mechanical men may be constructed at a cost of 1000 gp each, however, the people have raised the cry for donations and help... half the price on each mechanical man to 500 to account for free labor... and 11,981gp is raised to help pay the remaining fee.

Sweet! :D

After seeing the dragon, Dan will send a messege to Axoreius, describing what he found. "I don't know much about undead, what do you think this means? Is he gone forever, or should we see if we can locate him and destroy him there, perhaps for good?"

WizWrm

First Post
Zedrihar will free the slaves. While scouting the villages, he will use the emerald to make sendings to the leaders of all the other armies, being made aware of the new arrivals by Axorius and Dan & Zan. "There are many oppressed and starving villagers along the moor and sea; many kobolds and humans. I would suggest that we liberate them - any with unlimited teleportation abilities might be wise to spend time bringing food and supplies."

Once he begins to near it, Zedrihar eyes the pit warily. He moves near to it and calls out in a booming voice, "Attention! You give service to a master that has been declared in violation of the primary tenet of the Second Multiversal Law! In pursuance of justice, the Lich King and all subordinates will be executed. However, as defined under the fifth article of subsection 'a' of the Multiversal Law, you will be given this single chance to forsake your allegiance to him and take haven at the nearest city-equivalent that meets the requirements stated under subsection 'b.' If you choose to defy me and waive this right, the penalty is termination, to be carried out immediately. As a collective and as individuals, you have one minute to state your response."

He waits for their response. If any choose to take advantage of Zedrihar's offer, I'd like details about that so I can decide what to do. However, if none of them do, or if they attack Zedrihar, he'll wade in, using his at-will fear ability (DC 18) to send waves of panic among them, at-will greater command (DC 19) to cause them to flee, and his at-will mass inflict wounds to slay as many as possible, relying on his damage reduction and fast healing to make him effectively immune to their attacks. Zedrihar will not be trying to slay them all, rather, his primary goal will be to reach the pit and find out its purpose. If, for whatever reason, he's injured more than a few HP, I'd like more details so I can decide what to do. If anything other than mass confusion, panic, and slaughter happens, I'd like more details as well.

Fieari

Explorer
Isten's scry fails, insufficient scry roll.

Once he begins to near it, Zedrihar eyes the pit warily. He moves near to it and calls out in a booming voice, "Attention! You give service to a master that has been declared in violation of the primary tenet of the Second Multiversal Law! In pursuance of justice, the Lich King and all subordinates will be executed. However, as defined under the fifth article of subsection 'a' of the Multiversal Law, you will be given this single chance to forsake your allegiance to him and take haven at the nearest city-equivalent that meets the requirements stated under subsection 'b.' If you choose to defy me and waive this right, the penalty is termination, to be carried out immediately. As a collective and as individuals, you have one minute to state your response."
The townspeople do not understand your words completely, not being proficient in the language "Buerocrat"... and esspecially having absolutely no knowledge of the document to which you refer. What they do know, though, is fear. That has been taught to them well.

One speaks up. "If we leave, demons will come to devour us..."

WizWrm

First Post
"Do not fear, for angels shall protect you - nor will they be the only ones," calls Zedrihar, his voice seeming to take on a more friendly tone. As he speaks, he activates his air walk ability, moving upward and forward at forty-five degrees to rise above the assembled half-orcs. Besides the dramatic effect this has on his words and appearance, it also allows him to move so as to get a better view of the pit and its purpose.

"I rule a city far to the south of here, beyond the Green Desert and near a bountiful lake. It is at a peak of expansion, and there is food and opportunity beyond number. I can bring you there in the space of a few breaths." He reaches to retrieve the shimmering black gatestone and holds it aloft. "Those who take advantage of the right to leave will be granted citizenship, should they prove themselves able to live amicably and prosperously among the populace. It shall not be difficult, I assure you." Zedrihar raises his other fist, crackling with lightning. "Those who choose to sacrifice this, face death."

[Diplomacy +6. Also, roughly how many of them are there? Dozens/hundreds/thousands/ten-thousands?]

nameless

First Post
Waiting is one thing Axorius has never learned to do well. While the Skylance is far faster than any army can walk, he must continually fight the urge to leave his army behind and fight evil on his own, right away.

Luckily, he has the wisdom and experience to resist these urges. He brings his tactician (Wizard 5 with Knowledge [Geography] +12) into the tactical null room with the Mirror of Mental Prowess, and begins to search the enemy lands. Using the maps he has, his knowledge of wilderness survival, and his advisor's Geographical expertise, Axorius picks the most necessary spots for keystone settlements to exist, and views them with the mirror, attempting to glean insights into enemy armies and supply lines, and possibly find the locations of such things. (ooc: he will do this for a long period of time, maybe 10 hours if nothing amazing is revealed. If something happens before then, I'll interrupt and respond appropriately.)

Fieari

Explorer
[Opposed Intimidation vs Diplomacy Roll]

Dozens, not hundreds. Probably around the realm of 75, 80ish... possibly as much as a hundred, but not much more than that. You'd have to make a headcount.

At any rate, a small portion of the overall group says "We'll get our families..."

The rest are faced with a choice between what they see as certain death from the Lich-king, and uncertain death from you. They do the math. "We can't... we'll all be killed..." is spoken aloud. And they take the time you granted in order to flee.

Should you start wielding magic against those fleeing, half those who had previously decided to go with you will also flee.

Last edited:

WizWrm

First Post
[Did I get a good look at the pit? If not, Zedrihar will continue to move closer until he can see it.]

Zedrihar nods. "Gather your families, then."

[How long will it take for them to do this? The answer to that, as well as what I see in the pit, will determine what I do with the fleeing half-orcs.]

Fieari

Explorer
Ach! I have got to start reading more carefully... back up a bit! I thought you were doing all this at the village where you freed those slaves! Pfeh. I now see that WASN'T the case. Your mention of the half-orcs tipped me off here... since half-orcs are only at said pit.

*sigh* What happens as you do this at the PIT... which by the way, is NOT the source of the smoke and ash covering the sky... is as follows.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Few hear your message, as the pit itself is surrounded by barbed wire except at the gatehouse, manned by a mean ten half-orcs. These half-orcs do not seem impressesed, and one of them pulls out a scroll and reads it... triggering an alarm, likely? They then hightail it out of the gatehouse, and down a path into the pit. You can see beyond them... everyone that was in the pit enters the nearest doorway, and there are many, all over the pit. A mine, obviously.

WizWrm

First Post
In that case...

Zedrihar calls out, "You have chosen your fate, then." He uses his innate ability to cast earthquake, centering it in the middle of the mine, so as to cause maximum casaulties and structural damage.

Remove ads