• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Goodman Games Releasing 4e Adventures Prior to October 1st

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Terramotus said:
In short, while I appreciate the difficulty of your situation, I'm sorry. I'm going to continue to be upset by this. But I'd rather do what's right than be comfortable.

Well said and makes a lot of sense. I guess I should be more annoyed than I am, but I do see both sides to this.

thundershot

Adventurer
*sits on the fence* I'll support whoever gives me additional 4E material.

Attachments

• jokerpopcorn.gif
    jokerpopcorn.gif
    37.4 KB · Views: 345

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Angellis_ater said:
Sure thing Ydars - nothing is known, alot is speculated.

Quality sumation there.

Raven Crowking said:
So we still don't know if this is another example of the licensing tiers we were told wouldn't be occurring? :cool:

It could be special licensing. It could they asked nicely and got special permission to sell early. It could be Goodman/AE invented a time machine and are actually publishing from the future. Maybe this is simply a tough negotiating stance in their attempt to get WotC to revise the GSL into something more publisher friendly. Or it could be Opposite Day. No one knows anything other then, "Its coming."

Now where's my pop corn.

The Cardinal

First Post
Glyfair said:
I can see a market for more multiple game system books if this becomes commonplace, though. You might see more Thieves World type books (the Chaosium version).

Say Goodman puts out a "Blahblah, Land of Possibilities" book for d20. They could include NPC stats for GURPS, 4E, Heroquest, Runequest in the book. They could release a supplement for a single game system and have conversion stats online for other game systems (for free, or for a fee ala Green Ronin).

Please, let this become reality!
With stats for GURPS4e, Savage Worlds, Ubiquity (Hollow Earth Expedition, Desolation), Runequest, d20, and BRP, if possible! :)

Matthan

Explorer
I know speculation feeds the internet and all, but can't someone from the news part of the site try and email these two companies to get a statement on this? This announcement is news whether they've "gone copyright" or gotten a special license. Even a "no comment" would probably speak volumes. Has anyone asked Morrus to try and write a news story for this?

AllisterH said:
Um, while we've been focusing on D&D, how does this NOT affect SJgames, Palladium and White Wolf.

Somehow, I don't think SJgames and WW are happy with Goodman games.
SJGames released dozens of 3.x articles in Pyramid magazine without use of the OGL. They used a thing known as copyright law to put those articles out. I can't imagine they would do anything but applaud GG doing the same thing for 4e. Heck, I'll bet they publish some 4e articles themselves in the same manner at some point.

joethelawyer

Banned
Banned
if they got a special license, don't you think they would have acquired for themselves the right to use the D&D logo? otherwise whats the sense in going through all that trouble? i'm betting they are going copyright, and if so i am glad. i strongly feel that TSR and WOTC and now Hasbro have all along been claiming rights they never actually had, and just were using their 800 lb gorilla tactics to scare the small guys away.

joe

Treebore

First Post
joethelawyer said:
if they got a special license, don't you think they would have acquired for themselves the right to use the D&D logo? otherwise whats the sense in going through all that trouble? i'm betting they are going copyright, and if so i am glad. i strongly feel that TSR and WOTC and now Hasbro have all along been claiming rights they never actually had, and just were using their 800 lb gorilla tactics to scare the small guys away.

joe

Amen.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads