• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Goodman Games to publish a 4e print magazine under the GSL

DM-Rocco

Explorer
I know the Polyhedron material was pretty universally disliked. I was a fan, but I play numerous RPG's. Judging by how many people on WOTC and here are "4E or nothing" I am pretty sure that would reflect similarly on Dragon Roots or any other mag not purely 4E.

Well, I can't force 4e players who want all or nothing to buy the magazine. Obviously we would love to service everyone, that is why we do both. Part of it is the wants of the readers and part of it is what we get submissions for.

IMO, I think it is a shame that the all or nothing crowd doesn't give it a try, but like I said, I can't force them (stupid human right violation or something) - yeah, humor again ;)

On a final note, we get a lot of requests from the readers to print articles containing other systems. However, we don't get submissions for anything oher than D&D, but we wold print something other than D&D if it was submitted.

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Well, you could look at it like that. Or, you could look at Level Up being 32 pages of 4e content and 35 out of 70 pages of Dragon Roots being 4e content and come up with a different conclusion. ;)

Just for the record, the first issue of Level Up will come in much closer to 48 pages (that’s all solid 4E content before ads, by the way). The 32-page count was our initial goal, but we ended up having a lot of material that we didn't want to leave out of the magazine. I’m putting together issue two now, and I have a feeling the page count is going to be in the same neighborhood as issue one.

BD

Jack99

Adventurer
Just for the record, the first issue of Level Up will come in much closer to 48 pages (that’s all solid 4E content before ads, by the way). The 32-page count was our initial goal, but we ended up having a lot of material that we didn't want to leave out of the magazine. I’m putting together issue two now, and I have a feeling the page count is going to be in the same neighborhood as issue one.

BD

Level Up just keeps sounding better and better. :p

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Since there seems to be some confusion as to which statement was made on which site, here's the official announcement for Level Up from our (Goodman Games) website: Level Up.

BD

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Since there seems to be some confusion as to which statement was made on which site, here's the official announcement for Level Up from our (Goodman Games) website: Level Up.

BD

Thanks Aeryn, that is all I wanted, clarification.

Good luck with Level Up. Sounds like it will be a good edition to the magazine community.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads