• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Google: UI Going Downhill

ssampier

First Post
Is it just me or is Google's User Interface (UI) going downhill?

I was just using Google Images today and they changed the way that pictures are displayed. Now when you do a search images are not organized. It is kinda nice that you can see more pictures by scrolling down.

Worse still when you click on a picture the picture is now a "floating angel" and the information that was at the top is now on the right hand side. Yuck.

Old habits die hard and I like the old way better, damnit.

This is after Google changed the homepage (which I liked) and Google news (which I disliked, but I still use Yahoo! News).

Before we know it is Google.com going to be as busy visually as AOL or Yahoo?

Starman

Adventurer
I don't mind the new style, but it would be nice if there was an option for the old style for those preferring it.

ssampier

First Post
I also hate the new style.

But it's nothing compared to the godawful interface changes of (google owned) youtube over the past few months.

That's strange I never noticed, probably because I almost never type "youtube.com". I mostly see youtube videos embedded on other sites or quickly play a video when someone links to it.

It looks like Google is experimenting again; maybe Doug Bowman shouldn't have left ;)

To those that do like it, great. As they say, there's no accounting for taste :D

John Crichton

First Post
What is the name of the Firefox plug in? I am not much liking the new image search, not much at all.

The Auld Grump
Dunno about the plug-in (and I'm too lazy to do another search right now) but this is helpful:

techzilo.com said:
If you do not like this design (like me), here’s a quick tip to disable this new Images search design – add the string &sout=1 at the end of the search URL, eg. http://google.com/images?q=sunset&sout=1

Remove ads