• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Google Wave

interwyrm

First Post
A few long distance friends are thinking about trying out google wave for rpg purposes. Has anyone had experience trying that?

How did it work out?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com

Jeff Wilder

First Post
I've already started using it for my upcoming M&M campaign, and I think it's going to work out great. As of right now I have a wave for explaining and discussing the basic rules of the game, and I'll soon start waves for each PC, detailing how to build characters. Finally, I fully expect to have interactive session logs.

If I didn't know better, I'd think Google Wave was created for RPGers.

Meek

First Post
I've been using it to do previews of a little RPG system I've been writing for my friends. It's a great place to display material and get feedback.

I'm also GMing a GURPS Mystery game on Wave. Wave handles this pretty awesomely because you can have a wavelet for each character if they're separated, and run their thread of events entirely within their own wavelet and its subordinate intra-wavelets until they meet up again, and then you start a new wavelet with the characters together, all within the same overall Wave thread. It really makes story threads of all sorts easy to make and follow.

Festivus

First Post
The best way I have found thus far for remote gaming is to have a real tabletop game going at the location with the most players, using Maptool for map sharing, and Skype with video for a feeling of being there. Die rolling and the like is left to trust that the players are reporting their rolling accurately.... what slows things down online I have found is: Die rolling, macro confusion, and typing stuff out on the chat window.

Meek

First Post
For Mac OS X, Waveboard is a pretty fast Wave client, much better (in my experience) than running it on Safari or Firefox. Google Chrome also runs Wave better (again in my experience) than other web browsers, in Windows 7 and in Mac OS X.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads