• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gorilla Con, March 2004, Southeast Kansas

varagon

First Post
Greetings all,

www.gorilla-con.com

The Southeast Kansas Gaming Guild is sponsoring a convention in our area.

Some conventions in our area have gone under this year and we are planning the convention as a venue for gamers to get their con fix.

What we are planning:

What: Gorrilla Con
Time: March 12-14
Duration: 3 days!
Location: Pittsburg, Kansas. Southeast Kansas/ Southwest Missouri.
Pittsburg State University Campus, Student Union. The student Union is a perfect location with many rooms available. View the upper floor where the con is going to be held at www.pittstate.edu/union
Events: We have several volunteer agents in our gaming guild, able to run official tournaments and events (MIB, Press Ganger, Instigator, RPGA DMs, and Fast Forward Entertainment).
Games to include are: RPGA, Steve Jackson Games, Privateer Press WarMachine, Spy Craft, D&D, Deadlands, WarHammer, Star Wars D20, Classic Battletech, LARP, and Storyteller games among many others.

We will be able to offer almost any type of game that people want to see run. We have access to good facilities. We just need people to attend.

If anyone is interested or wants more information, don't hesitate to let me know.

Gorilla Con is a free convention donating profits and donation to Habitat for Humanity

More information about our guild can be attained through our website.

Lets hear some replies and keep the thread going!

Ideally, I would like to know what area of the country you are from, and if this would be a good idea, along with the pros and cons.

Thanks,

Robert Nolan
arnolanATclassicnet.net
www.gorilla-con.com
www.anglefire.com/theforce/sekgg

Last edited:

varagon

First Post
Gorilla Con, March 12-14 2004

Gorilla Con is in full organizational swing and we need GMs and judges to run events.

If you run two or more events, you will receive a free T-shirt from Gorilla Con 2004.

Remember, entry is FREE!

We have also secured two vendors for the convention and Ed Cha at open world press has volunteered to donate some items!

What: Gorilla Con
Who: Southeast Kansas Gaming Guild
When: March 12-14
Where: Pittsburg, KS
Overman Student Center, Pittsburg State University

To run an event or to reserve a vendor table, email me directly.
Current web location: www.angelfire.com/theforce/sekgg
Coming soon: www.gorilla-con.com

Thanks!

Robert Nolan
Email: arnolan (at) classicnet (dot) net

varagon

First Post
We now have two vendors and some donated items for the silent auction and door prizes!

We need your participation!

Three days of gaming fun! Yes! Three days now!

Admission is FREE!

GMs and Judges who run two or more games will receive a free T-shirt!

Contact me at the above address for more info!

Bob Nolan

Golem2176

Banned
Banned
Arizona stinks! We never have any conventions down here! And it takes me three month or more to save up to go to a convention. Even if I did save up, I wouldn't have any money left over for any books that came out that month. (Not counting GenCon it would take me 7 months to get funds for airfare, lodging, admittance and a smattering of spending money)

varagon

First Post
Our website is up and running!

The Gorilla Con website is now open to the public.

We are taking vendor registration as well as GM and Judge registrations and advertisement in the con book.

If you have any questions, visit our website at
http://www.gorilla-con.com

or email us at
gorillacon@classicnet.net

Remember, running two or more events gets you a free T.Shirt, and those who preregister as GMs or players will receive a free ticket to be eligible for door prizes!

Thanks, and I hope to see you there!

Bob Nolan

varagon

First Post
Golem2176 said:
Arizona stinks! We never have any conventions down here! And it takes me three month or more to save up to go to a convention. Even if I did save up, I wouldn't have any money left over for any books that came out that month. (Not counting GenCon it would take me 7 months to get funds for airfare, lodging, admittance and a smattering of spending money)

Sorry to hear that. You might think about doing what a buddy and I did. We started up our own gaming guild which now has 49 members, and started meeting once a month, offering more than six games at every meeting. We then worked up to starting a convention!

If you have any questions on this, let me know!

Bob Nolan

Golem2176

Banned
Banned
I went to the next level! (haha) A friend and I would like to get involved with your convention and was wondering a few things. For starters I'd like to know the best website to go to to check out the lodging rates for the local area. Second is the convention in March or April? Also I'd like to point out that I have some D20 books I could donate to your cause. BTW, my friend could most likely be a GM for some of the campaigns. Now, I'm gettin' excited, I'm finally going to a convention!

varagon

First Post
Golem2176 said:
I went to the next level! (haha) A friend and I would like to get involved with your convention and was wondering a few things. For starters I'd like to know the best website to go to to check out the lodging rates for the local area. Second is the convention in March or April? Also I'd like to point out that I have some D20 books I could donate to your cause. BTW, my friend could most likely be a GM for some of the campaigns. Now, I'm gettin' excited, I'm finally going to a convention!

Golem,

That would be wondergul news indeed. We have the information you need on our website. Just go to the hotel listings and follow the link! We are also supporting a local Habitat for Humanity, so any proceeds from the convention will go benefit HforH.

check out our guild also!

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/sekgg

If either of you or your friend are RPGA 3.5 herald level GMs and would be willing to run an RPGA living greyhawk game that would be cool.

Again, we have all our information on the website.

Thanks,

Bob Nolan

varagon

First Post
Golem2176 said:

Golem,

That would be wondergul news indeed. We have the information you need on our website. Just go to the hotel listings and follow the link! We are also supporting a local Habitat for Humanity, so any proceeds from the convention will go benefit HforH.

check out our guild also!

http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/sekgg

If either of you or your friend are RPGA 3.5 herald level GMs and would be willing to run an RPGA living greyhawk game that would be cool.

Again, we have all our information on the website.

Thanks,

Bob Nolan

varagon

First Post
updates

We have added some new features to our website including paypal buttons, vendor and sponsor information, and downloadable flyers.

If anyone is interested in running games, we are giving away free t.shirts to those who register to run two or more events before February 1st!

Gorilla Con is coming!

Remove ads