• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gorilla Con, March 2004, Southeast Kansas

Corinthi

First Post
Do you have an Envoy running Wizkids Events yet? I'm the Central Region Level 5 Envoy which means Kansas falls under my consideration. If you don't already have someone running games, I'll see who I can roust up for you. I might even be able to talk my Wife into taking a trip up there.

varagon

First Post
Envoys

Corinthi said:
Do you have an Envoy running Wizkids Events yet? I'm the Central Region Level 5 Envoy which means Kansas falls under my consideration. If you don't already have someone running games, I'll see who I can roust up for you. I might even be able to talk my Wife into taking a trip up there.
Jesse,

I have successfully contacted one person concerning WizKids events. Landon Alumbaugh has volunteered to run some MageKnight events, although nothing has been scheduled, as the grace period to schedule events through WizKids hasn't begun yet.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get any replies from any of the other Envoys in the area concerning Hero, Crimson Skies, and Mech clicks to run events.

Any help would be appreciated as we are planning on having a large turnout and myself and the other Con Admin want as many events planned as possible.

Don't forget, if you and your wife attend and you run two or more events and register your games before February 1st, you will recieve a free T.shirt and recieve a free ticket to be eligible for a door prize!

BTW, I think you may know a Rob Hicks, who recently moved to Fayateville? He recently joined the SEKGG and I think he mentioned your name in passing as knowing you?

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Bob Nolan
www.gorill-con.com
gorillacon(AT)classicnet(DOT)net

Last edited:

Corinthi

First Post
varagon said:
Unfortunately, I have not been able to get any replies from any of the other Envoys in the area concerning Hero, Crimson Skies, and Mech clicks to run events.

I'll see what I can round up for you. I'd like to attend personally and get a chance to meet some Envoys from Kansas. One of my responsibilities is trying to find good Envoys to promote up the ranks. If I personally attend, I can easily run some HeroClix events, as that's my primary line. I'll need to find someone for Mechwarrior and Crimson Skies though. Haven't had the time to delve into those as much as I'd like.

Have you registered the convention with Wizkids yet? They'll send prize support and sanction the events for you. If not, Drop me an email and we'll see about working out the particulars.

varagon said:
BTW, I think you may know a Rob Hicks, who recently moved to Fayateville? He recently joined the SEKGG and I think he mentioned your name in passing as knowing you?

Oddly enough, I am familiar with Mr. Hicks. He's a good guy, although any bad things he might say about me are all lies, viciously unfounded lies. :D

varagon

First Post
Corinthi said:
Have you registered the convention with Wizkids yet? They'll send prize support and sanction the events for you. If not, Drop me an email and we'll see about working out the particulars.
Yes I have. I consider myself somewhat computer savvy, but had one heck of a time getting registered. But that is all behind me now...

Corinthi said:
Oddly enough, I am familiar with Mr. Hicks. He's a good guy, although any bad things he might say about me are all lies, viciously unfounded lies. :D
Glad to hear that...about both of you. :)

BTW, the Little Rock Guild is welcome to come along and participate as well. We could get them a couple of tables to try and recruit members if you would like. One of the main goals of the SEKGG is to relate information and share resources among gaming organizations in the region. It would be great to see something like Central Plains Regional Gaming Guild that has all of the local guilds as members, to try and unite and organize all gamers in the area. If we can help you out any way and vice versa, let me know. If you would like to join the SEKGG, go to the webpage and enter your email addy in the yahoo group section (www.angelfire.com/theforce/sekgg) I would be happy to join your guild as well as long as there are no member fees! lol

Bob Nolan
Y! ranolan2000

Corinthi

First Post
Currently there are member fees, although those will likely be abolished in this coming year. The LRGG completely fell by the wayside this year. It was primarily a vehicle to play Living City, and with the death of Living City, the LRGG lost all it's momentum. There's a handful of us who are trying to revitalize it as a broader spectrum venture, primarily for promoting new games and bringing gamers together, but it's tough going.

If the LRGG survives, it'll do so in a rather different form than it is now.

Jesse

varagon

First Post
Corinthi said:
If the LRGG survives, it'll do so in a rather different form than it is now.
Jesse
If there is anything we can do to help promote the LRGG down there, let me know. Or if you want to find out how we handle our guild I can help you out as well.

We would love to have you guys join us, as we have members in Kansas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Indiana, Massachussetts, and New Jersey. Currently, the SEKGG has 62 members from the region and beyond. We have been doing official playtesting for various companies, inlcuding Fast Forward Entertainement, Open World Press, and currently Smirk and Dagger Games. We have no dues and provide a monthly gaming venue for any and all people which draws over 20 people at a time where we run at least six games during a 10 hour period. We also meet in Joplin, MO once every 3 months to help promote Quarterly Game Day at Changing Hands, which is a great time.

There is nothing like hijacking a thread, huh? :D

Bob Nolan

Corinthi

First Post
Eh, it's your thread to hijack as you see fit. I'll see if I can't drum you up some Wizkids volunteers. I appreciate the charity and want to help as I can. If I can attend, I'll see about getting together some extra swag for prize support/charity auction.

Jesse

varagon

First Post
Gorilla Con (FREE) Player Registration Now Open

Player registration for Gorilla Con in Pittsburg, KS, is now available and open.

Remember, Gorilla Con is a FREE convention sponsored by the Southeast Kansas Gaming Guild (SEKGG) being held on the campus of Pittsburg State Univeristy on March 12 -14th. We are raising money for Habitat for Humanity and have many, many, many great prizes and donations to give away!

Visit the website at www.gorilla-con.com for more information or email us gorillacon@classicnet.net

Hope to see you there and welcome to the Jungle!

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads