got Act2 & Act3 hardcovers, but...

efreund

Explorer
This morning, my wife opened the door and shouted into the house "who is Ryan Nock?" which struck me as an odd NYE question. Turns out the hardcovers were shipped "To" the director of the AP, but at my address. My name wasn't actually on the package anywhere; it was as if Ryan lived at my house. :p Anyway, it was from Lightning Source, the printer for DTRPG, so I figured it out easily enough.

Anyway, it had the Act2 hardcover and Act3 hardcover inside it. Cool! Well, kindof. I was a KS backer for the Pathfinder versions of the campaign. And sure enough, the outside cover on both books indicated that it was the Pathfinder version. (As did the LS manifest.) But as I started flipping through the pages ... I thought I was noticing all sorts of typos, until I realized that the Act2 book was entirely in the 4e version. Even the opening splash page proudly confirms this fact. Hrm.

On the plus side, I confirmed that the Act3 hardcover was Pathfinder both outside and inside, so that's good.

Okay, at first I thought I had made some terrible mistake, which would have cost thousands of dollars. But as I look at back the details of when various files were uploaded to the printer, I don't see any evidence that I screwed up, so now I'm just confused.

In the attached images, there's the shipping notification saying that the items had mailed. This shows that, yes, they were the PF versions. And yes, I used my name in your address; I was trying to set up the 'group mailing' option so I could fire off a batch of books, instead of having to do it manually, and you were the test subject, wherein I figured out the process was a pain in the butt. Also, those mass mailings didn't have tracking numbers, so I decided to pay the extra $2 in shipping as a guarantee for everyone else.

As for how in the world you got a 4e interior with the PF version of the Act Two hardcover, I'm bewildered. The second image shows in the right column that the Act Two 4e version "Content Block" was uploaded on October 31, and that the PF version was last updated on September 21.

I have my own copy of Act Two in front of me, and it has the correct interior. I was afraid that somehow I'd overwritten the content block with the 4e file. But we didn't have the 4e version done yet by September 21, so I couldn't have made that mistake. As to how it happened to you, though? *shrug*

Unfortunately, this could mean ALL 100-or-so Act 2 PF books I shipped in the past week are similarly screwed up. That would be a giant pain in the ass, but hopefully something RPGNow could fix.

Oy. I'll handle this next year.

Attachments

• POD File details.jpg
    POD File details.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:

Oh, Erik, could you take some photos or a video showing the cover and interiors, so I can send evidence to RPGNow, and they can look into this?

efreund

Explorer
Here's a vid that should hopefully be sufficient: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1WiVTOR3qZmd2M1UlhLcVVjTVE
Let me know if you need anything else. I couldn't think of an easy way to capture it via a still photo.

Also, can you delete or blur the image in your post that shows my address?

Yay for being the Guinea pig. But you chose the wrong guy to be the Guinea pig: I've had a lot of missed shipments from DTRPG/LS. For example, despite pledging for a print copy in the KS, I never got the ZG Player's Guide. Eventually, I just ordered it myself. Then that never came. So I ordered it manually a second time (i.e. third overall attempt), and then it came. I've also had trouble with other (non-ZG) products from them too.

Anyway, hopefully the glitch is just for my copy. I'll admit I got a sinking feeling in my gut, seeing images of boats to Australia in my head, once I realized/suspected what was going on.

@samuel: if only it was the Act3 book that was screwed up, that would actually make in-game sense! But going PF->4e->PF across the campaign would be too much, even for ZG ;)

You might just be cursed.

(I just checked, and on April 20, 2014 I have a confirmation of the PG being shipped to the address you gave me initially through the Kickstarter. It was sent media mail, so no tracking number to verify arrival.)

Siberys

Adventurer
[MENTION=63]RangerWickett[/MENTION] - I just got a hold of my books, and I had the opposite problem! Chose 4e, 4e cover, Pathfinder stats. What should I do? (Act III is fine)

If RPGNow won't resolve this, I don't suppose you'd each want a novelty, [MENTION=6799797]efreund[/MENTION] and [MENTION=30619]Siberys[/MENTION]? If you don't mind the covers being off, it'd be cheaper for me to cover the shipping costs of you swapping books than to send out new books to each of you.

Siberys, you're in Luddington, MI? Efreund, you don't happen to have any friends heading up that way soon, no?

Last edited:

Remove ads