• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Got any new mod's for cahrge dam?

LoPaC

First Post
A friend and I were talking about charging damage today, before we realized we were probably some of the biggest geeks this side o' the Mississippi. Anyways, we came to the conclusion that X2 damage just doesnt seem like a big enough modifier in most cases, when factoring in mass and velocity. Anyone got a system they are using for larger objects/creatures that charge?

shilsen

Adventurer
Actually charging usually does not give any modifier to damage. All it gives is a +2 to hit and a -2 to AC. The x2 damage only comes into play when using a lance from horseback, when wearing rhino hide armor, and certain other cases. What did you have in mind?

And in my experience, x2 damage (when it does occur) is a pretty big deal, especially since 3e damage multipliers apply to all damage except from bonus dice of some kind (sneak attacks, etc.). And it is easy to push that up to astronomical levels with the appropriate feats and equipment.

karn smackdrim

First Post
yep I agree x2 is huge when combined with a double handed wep, the feat power lunge giving a total of x3 str dmg then you double that and add in everything else, my half fiend Karn Smackdrim does 2d8+74 dmg on a charge and he isn't even maxed out yet :>P.

Although I am currently creating a prestige class "The Rhinoceros Charger" which will give up to a x3 or 3 and a half dmg, but I have to work with it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads