• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Got Balance?

Narkaious

First Post
So here I am running my first game of 4th and I was wondering if anyone has come up with a system or a formula or something along those lines for creating new abilities for magic items and thus an appropriate way to come up with the correct level and cost of a magic item from scratch?

Thanks for any help, Mike.

MarauderX

Explorer
Well, not really new, but the Adventurers Vault is pretty handy for measuring out all the powers. I'd start switching up some of them for variety, such as applying weapon powers to armor or boots with activation based on being struck or similar.

Narkaious

First Post
While I do appreciate the input, I meant more along the lines of creating an item from scratch and knowing if it was balanced and if so what the appropriate level is. Has no body done this? That is totally cool I was just wondering if I could save myself a whole lot of effort, and check here first.

Remove ads