• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Got my Gamma World!

tallyrand

First Post
Whew, got mine last night, and then I proceeded to spend all night making power cards for the 21 different origins. I also made my own character sheet, it's pretty basic, you could almost fill it in with crayon, but I really didn't like the character sheets that came with the box set, only a single half page in size, and set up kinda funky, more of a guide for creating your character than something to use during play. I'll use mine until something better comes along.

The maps are pretty, and the book is tidy, there are some pretty significant gameplay changes, outside of the cards, at first glance such as: no healing surges, even fewer skills, broad weapon classes, abstract ammunition rules, no feats, faster leveling, fewer levels, higher damage, less healing, no action points, and of course, using Primary/Secondary Origins as opposed to Race/Class.

All told it looks like it is going to run faster and more deadly than D&D 4e, while still using the core mechanics.

Here's the links to the PDFs for the Power Cards and Basic Character Sheet.

Gamma World Basic Character Sheet 1.pdf - 4shared.com - document sharing - download

Gamma World Power Cards 1.pdf - 4shared.com - document sharing - download

I think I may have to get some sleep now.

Treebore

First Post
Hmmmm sounding better and better! Thanks for the cards and PC sheet, they looked good with the quick look I gave them, when I actually get GW I'll give them a thorough look.

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
In the GMing section (assuming there is one) do they give any tips on how to run different styles of Gamma World games--zany vs. serious?

Festivus

First Post
Probably picking this up tonight. I need to run it before the gameday so I can understand how to teach it to people. Is it looking like something easy enough to adapt to if you are already familiar with 4E rules? For example, are opportunity attacks handled the same way? Movement? Etc?

davethegame

Explorer
In the GMing section (assuming there is one) do they give any tips on how to run different styles of Gamma World games--zany vs. serious?

There's nothing in the GMing section about different tones, though really, it kind of depends on how serious you could make a game about telekinetic cockroaches. Beyond that, if you wanted to run something serious, you'd probably have to ignore alpha mutations too.

kmfdm

First Post
Thank you so much for doing this.
I was planning on getting a quick GW game going today, but saddened Id have to use the sheets in the box and have the players write out the powers.

Boo ya! Thank you best find this week!

darjr

I crit!
Gamma World monsters and Tech in 4e... that's what I'm interested in. I want to run an barriers peak adventure.

So how do they look for that? Any major issues that you can see?

Thanks!

RandomCitizenX

First Post
Gamma World monsters and Tech in 4e... that's what I'm interested in. I want to run an barriers peak adventure.

So how do they look for that? Any major issues that you can see?

Thanks!

This times 2. I have a need to run a game inspired by the video for "Knights of Cydonia"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads