• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Got the new Dungeon Master Screen!

Dungeoneer

First Post
My new Dungeon Master's Screen just arrived in the mail. It's every bit as awesome as I'd hoped! The construction is on par with the old screen, which is good because that was fantastic. The art is top notch, if a little inappropriate for my Dark Sun game :p. But it's what's inside that counts. Updated DCs and damage expressions (yay!). A table of skill challenge complexity (at last!). And grabbed is now a condition (finally!).

Some things I don't use, like the experience table, are still on there, but they've been shrunk down and their real estate given over to helpful things like a detailed explanation of charging.

Overall it looks great, it works great, and it's got up-to-date and useful information. Win!

Abstruse

Legend
Any chance you can list the differences between this new one and the one that came with the Essentials DM Kit?
I don't have the DM Kit and mine doesn't come in until Thursday, but from what I've heard, the big difference is they swapped out one table for another (cover/concealment for skill DCs I think) and it's a much thicker cardstock, similar to the original 4e DM screen.

Dungeoneer

First Post
OK, I've tried to get some pics. My cellphone camera is not really cut out for this sort of thing, so they aren't top quality. But hopefully you can get the idea.

The Artwork (Full Length)

art_full.jpg

The Artwork (Close-up Left)

art_left.jpg

The Artwork (Close-up Right)

art_right.jpg

I got some pretty crisp shots of the inside panels so you can check out the numbers for yourself. I'm just going to link to them, since I've left the images full size for maximum quality.

Panel 1

Panel 2

Panel 3

Panel 4

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads