Grading the Cortex Plus and Cortex Prime System

How do you feel about the Cortex Plus/Prime System?

• I love it.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • It's pretty good.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • It's alright I guess.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • It's pretty bad.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've never played it.

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • I've never even heard of it.

Votes: 2 3.6%

70's/early 80's TV Marvel cartoons, Spidey was perma-teamed with Iceman and Firestar. With additional guest heroes from time to time.
Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends lasted a whole 24 episodes, and that was spread over three very uneven seasons. He was also on the Secret Defenders during their short run, but that was a temp agency run by Doctor Strange more than a team. Still, for most of the first 30-odd years of his existence Peter was not a team guy. The exceptions were pretty rare and very short-term, bordering on corner cases. Wasn't until the 2005 New Avengers book that he was really pitched as being a lasting part of a high-profile team.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That isn't a trope I recognize as being a genre trope of Marvel as I've experienced it.

Okay, but...

But I'm not much of a Supers comic-book reader; my exposure to supers is mostly movies and TV.

At the time the game was released, the MCU had the base movies up to the Avengers - about 12.5 hours of content. There were no MCU TV shows yet, and even the Arrowverse had only one season out. The game can't be expected to emulate media that hadn't happened.

The game was using the decades worth of comics as its major inspiration - thus the focus on playing through major Events from the comics canon, and not the movies.

Last edited:

Kannik

Hero
Well this got its first "Bad" vote. Before then it was comfortably cruising around the B+/A- line, but now it's in the middle of the B+ range.

Still, stepping out from the neutral arbiter, I'm delighted that it's done well and got a lot of love and good votes, and that there's many to still introduce to the system. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads