• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Grand OGC Wiki

Man-thing

First Post
The Grand OGL Wiki came about from an offer by Matthew Sprange of Mongoose Publishing. He suggested that if someone wanted to jump to the task he would make Mongoose content available for posting to a wiki so that it isn`t lost when the books are removed from sale.

The Grand OGL Wiki is a partnership that is working with publishers to bring their content to wider audience for the benefit of players, gamemasters and publishers. Unlike some of the `free-for-all` models suggested by some people we are working collaborative with publishers. In return for this approach we have been allowed to `open` some content that was previously closed.

We are not a 4e project.
We are not strip-mining content, but instead working with publishers.

- Mark

Man-thing

First Post
Update:

All content from RDP's Critical Feats has been uploaded to the developmental server. It should be on the live server tomorrow.

Man-thing

First Post
Grand OGL Wiki Update

Site Update (July 16th, 2008)
http://grandwiki.wikidot.com

Links to new content on the front page. All update will have links on the front page for easier access to "What's New"

1. Updated Feat Page
2. Added all material from Critical Feats
3. Added Wilderness Survival Rules from The Quintessential Barbarian
4. Added Barbarian Contests from The Quintessential Barbarian

Man-thing

First Post
Live Updates (July 17th, 2008)

http://grandwiki.wikidot.com

#1 - Added rules for Barbarian Horder from The Quintessential Barbarian
#2 - Realized that the OGL and Section 15 for every item was available in a link in the infobox so we are working on cutting all the ugly footers.
#3 - Added character concepts from the The Quintessential Chaos Mage
#4 - Added a dozen or so monsters from Monster Encyclopaedia I: Ravager of the Realms

Verequus

First Post
This page: http://grandwiki.wikidot.com/qbbn8

Feels like too big of a content bite to me.

Should it be broken up or left as it is?

Bias: I have a preference for breaking stuff up because it becomes easier to link to them.

What do users feel?

Well, when breaking up the content I like to be able to jump to neighboring sections easily. Nothing irks me to go up to the main section with links, just because I got the end of the current part and want to read on. At least add table of contents to the big file, so one can both get an easy overview and jump to the most interesting section.

Edit:
Oh, I found the ToC after scrolling the page down. Can't you put it before the beginning of the text? Or at least in the same height? If I had been reading the text instead skimming from beginning to end, I'd have seen the ToC, but still - requiring that people have to scroll down the ToC if it isn't displayed on their screen may cause other people to overlook it as well.

Last edited:

Remove ads