• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Granting additional (Ex) Extraordinary abilities?

AF Stripes

First Post
I'm building a psionic character with a focus on chronomancy and time manipulation. There are a bunch of great powers to manifest and several prestige classes that revolve around the subject. The build will be a Psion (Nomad), (Psionic varient) Swiftblade PrC, The Chronorebel (Hyperconscious supplement), and an X level fluff dip into Zerth Cenobite to top it off.

My problem concerns the Zerth Cenobite. It requires the Still Mind Extraordinary ability. I do not want to take levels in Monk. The only other class I'm aware of that grants this ability is the Archivist and that requires four levels in a class that doesn't fit the build.

Can anyone tell me if i can get this ability without taking the damned three level dip into monk? Is there any way to gain Extraordinary abilities and not cross train into another class?

Can the Wish spell grant me an Extraordinary ability?

The definition of an Extraordinary Ability says, "Extraordinary abilities are nonmagical, though they may break the laws of physics. They are not something that just anyone can do or even learn to do without extensive training." -- Could I just "train" and gain the ability at the appropriate level?

Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome!

DanotheSlender

First Post
As a house rule i always used a double or even triple skill point cost for skills/abilities that are outside the base class restrictions..say you get a new skill every 2 levels, which equals a skill point every 2 levels, save those points till you can afford the outside ability..double or triple cost to me seems like extraordinary or extensive training.

just my 2 cents.

Game On!

AF Stripes

First Post
so by your model at third level I could pay 6 skill points in the appropriate amount of fluff time with the DM's permission and add the monk extraordinary class feature I want? Sounds legit.

does anyone else think they can help me?

the Jester

Legend
I don't know of a way to gain a class ability like this short of taking the class levels required.

If I were dming, I'd probably tell you to suck it up, but if you wanted to use a wish to gain still mind, I'd probably let you, with the xp cost. But even then I'd have to give it serious thought.

Light Knight

First Post
If the ability is not too overly powerful, as long as there aren't pre-reqs, we allow some class abilities to be made into feats. (like Evasion). There is precedence for this in either 3.5 or PF...can't remember which one.

Remove ads