• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Grapple antics!

Blammoh

First Post
Grapple is something that has always been too grey for me rules wise to really get to grips with. If anyone has any idea on below situations, I would be very thankful!

- A monster and a PC are grappling with each other. Another PC wants to attack the monster either via ranged or melee. How does it work with the miss chance or is it just a case of 'shooting in melee' thus giving a -4 attack penalty?

- Same situation as above, only this time a druid pet attacks the monster and hits. But the druid pet has improved grab. Who is grappling who now and what square are they all in?

- Can you grapple as AoO?

- Bullrushing only 1 participant of a grapple? Possible?

- Benign Transposition a grappled target? Possible?

Thanks!

nijineko

Explorer
grapple as aoo: you should be able to initiate a grapple, iirc. going from memory though, so....
bullrushing a grapple: all or nothing.
benign transposition: i think this would work, assuming willing or failed save. i have this sudden image of someone who disapproves of a couple liaison using that spell at an, ah, intense moment in order to discourage them. which image i did not need.

all going from memory here, feel free to correct me with references. ^^

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads