• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Grapple question: Can large monster grab PC and walk away with said PC?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Hello

By my read of the rule, a large monster (say an ogre) could grapple a PC and then *carry the PC away with them*. While suitably dramatic/terrifying, is my interpretation of the rules correct?

urthmover

Explorer
Hello

By my read of the rule, a large monster (say an ogre) could grapple a PC and then *carry the PC away with them*. While suitably dramatic/terrifying, is my interpretation of the rules correct?

I would play this as an opposing attribute dice roll. Ogre strength vs strength or dexterity of the PC (player picks higher one to use). Re-roll every 60ft. You could even throw in a moral check against the PC causing fear.

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
I would play this as an opposing attribute dice roll. Ogre strength vs strength or dexterity of the PC (player picks higher one to use). Re-roll every 60ft.

That is basically what the book says to do, assuming the player tries to escape on his turn.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads