• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Grappler spellcaster (5e)

PnPgamer

Explorer
So i was wondering that as some of the spells seem really lackluster, mainly because enemies only take damage only once from them. Such spells are cloud of daggers for instance. What if there was a,build for this?

So i begun thinking that a character needs to be able to boost up the grappling skill to great amounts, while also being able to survive somewhat and still be able to cast spells. Mythoughts went for dragonborn bard, as they get expertise, medium armor plus shields, proficiency on weapons to fall back onto and aforementioned cloud of daggers spell is part of bard spell list.

How would you build a spellcaster grappler which prevents enemies from escaping his nasty spell areas? There is also the fact that i wish that cloud of daggers and witch bolt could be deemed useful this way.

PnPgamer

Explorer
Check this guide:

http://community.wizards.com/forum/player-help/threads/4142801

It has grappler build recommendations for each class, feat, and spell option.

Ive encountered this before, ive read it through and it is all fine. I do have to say that there are parts i disagree with. Depending on only one guys opinion because he made a color coded guide is just ignoring things like other people and your own criticism. So please share your thoughts and experiences.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads