• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gray Jester Conversion

Ok, so this is my first attempt at fiddling with the monster creation rules in the DMG and the Gray Jester from Heroes of Horror has some bizarre abilities. It has long been a favorite of mine so I am giving it a shot. Let me know how badly off target this seems.

Gray Jester
Medium Fey, chaotic evil
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Armor Class 14
Hit Points 104 (16d8+32)
Speed 30 ft.
STR 10 (+0)
DEX 18 (+4)
CON 14 (+2)
INT 14 (+2)
WIS 11 (+0)
CHA 18 (+4)
Skills Deception +6, Persuasion +6, Perform +6, Stealth +6
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages Common, Sylvan, Elvish
Challenge 4 (1,100 XP)
Empathic Feeding. As a Bonus Action a gray jester can drain joyous emotions from other beings. The jester must be with 30ft of the target experiencing laughter, joy or similar emotions (this includes emotions evoked by spells like Tasha's Hideous Laughter).
In a single round a jester can feed on a number of people equal to its Charisma bonus (4 in this case). Any target that fails her DC 14 Wisdom save takes 1d4 points of Charisma damage. Those who are drained to 0 Charisma in this fashion become bleak ones under the control of the Gray Jester.
All lost Charisma is regained after a short or long rest. Those who become bleak ones must have a Remove Curse spell cast on them at which point they regain 1 Charisma point and can recover fully by resting.

Bleak Ones. The gray jester can control 4 x its HD in Bleak Ones, none of which can have HD higher than its own.

Magic Resistance. The gray jester has advantage on all saves against spells and magic effects.

Actions
Multiattack. The gray jester makes two Scepter attacks.

Scepter. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one
target. Hit: 14 (2d10 + 4) bludgeoning damage. In addition, if not already active on another target, the victim is hit with Tasha's Hideous Laughter.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads