• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Great class combos?

KidCthulhu

First Post
kolvar said:
I allways thought, Monk/ Psion or Monk/ Psychic Warrior could be great combos, never played one, though, but the psionic feats would augment the monk nicely (most levels as monk)

Played one briefly, and Monk/Psy Warrior is a very powerful combination. I went the way of dex, with Spring Attack, Mobility, Glide all stacking to make me a mobility machine.

The campaign ended too soon, as I really wanted to see where this character went. A very, very powerful and fun combination.

Darklone

Huh?

maddman75 said:
I've generated by not gotten to run yet a Monk/Sorcerer - who will likely go straight Monk after level 1. With Mage Armor, True Strike, and Spider Climb for spells/ki powers (who said only psi warriors can run up walls!

Hmm. How he gets three spells? With one level sorcerer? One of those guys who add the bonus spells to the spells known list eh :D?

If we are talking about multimulticlassers...

Ever met a wildelf barbarian bard with rogue, ranger and sorcerer levels? (no, not only 1 lvl ranger)

About Monk/Psywarriors. Used some as NPCs in a game... The players didn't like them. Though I played them very bad...

saupster

First Post
I have a Dwarven Fighter 2/ PsiWarrior 5 that I think is a well balanced class combo. Pluses: Good hit points, great Fort. save (+10 to +12), decent BAB (+5). Minuses: Bad Ref. and Will saves (+3 to +5), loss of second attack (from not being a single class fighter). With the proper powers and feats, IMHO, he is not terribly outclassed by a single classed fighter.

Two other characters I have going (haven't played them much though): a) Halfling Rogue 1/ Cleric 5 of Brandobaris. Domains = Luck and Travel. b) Tiefling Ranger 2/ Cleric 2 of Bane. Domains = Destruction and Hatred. Using Monte Cook's Alter. Ranger class.

Number47

First Post
Bard/Druid and you can be a commander of a small army. Just Inspire Courage in your animal minions. Even better if you enhance with Leadership.

Bard/Rogue. None of the Bardic music abilities are level-dependent, they are based on ranks of Perform. Rogues have Perform as a class skill. The only thing you lose out on is number of times/day. Looking at my book, I see that Perform is also a class skill for a Monk. Have to think about that one. Bard/Monk? Certainly would have nices saves.

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
Ranger/Rogue

The SA and Tumbling augments the Ranger's usual hit and run fighting style. TWF (or substitute Feats if using alt.ranger) lets you get in more SAs if you are going toe-to-toe. You can still maximize Spot/Listen/Hide/Silently and Wilderness Lore. You keep access to a couple handy low level spells. The extra skills are nice.

The Ranger/Rogue is a much better Ranger than a straight Ranger who does not fully exploit those animal companions, especially at moderate levels. The Wilderness Lore and Tracking make him a better and more focused scout than a Rogue if you are willing to give up some diversity of skills.

Remove ads