• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Great moments of movie magic

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
"You'd be William Muny, killer of women and children?"

"I've killed women & children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another and I'm here to kill you Little Bill for what you did to Ned."

Goddamn that is a great movie! At any given time I may say it's the greatest movie of all time. The entire thing is movie magic, there is nothing bad or wrong or out of place. It's magic, total magic.

"It's a hell of a thing killing a man, you take all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have..."

Klaatu B. Nikto

First Post
Many of mine have probably be said but I'll say 'em again.

Phantom Menace - QuiGonn Jinn and ObiWan Kenobi vs. Darth Maul

Army of Darkness - Ash's encounter with the Deadite, where he prevents the blacksmith from being squished.

Army of Darkness - "Say hello to the 21st Century!" in the Death Coaster's maiden voyage.

Army of Darkness - "Lady, I'm afraid I"m going to have to ask you to leave the store."

Rumble in the Bronx - the warehouse fight

Jackie Chan's First Strike - Chan demonstrating his black belt in "Ladder Fu"

Police Story - an older Chan flick with one of the best end fights I've seen and in a mall no less.

Deadly China Hero - numerous fight sequences with Jet Li as Wong Fei Hong but my faves are Wong vs. the High Priest (NO SHADOW KICK!) and his return at the end (Centipede Fu vs Chicken Fu!). However his 2 pupils fighting the High Priest was also pretty good.

Hard Boiled - its 3 long gun fights with the hospital as the best one

Broken Arrow - "Please do not shoot at the thermonuclear DEVICES!"

Magnificent Seven - its the theme

Blade - opening sequence in the slaughterhouse and the leadup to the final duel

Kiss of the Dragon - when Jet Li assaults the police station, especially in self defense class and against the twins

Big Trouble in Little China - I can't nail any one thing down but most seem to involve Egg Shen (reminds me of Uncle from Jackie Chan Adventures), Jack or Wang (gee, that narrows it down).

The Princess Bride - Final duel between Count Rugan and Inigo Montoya "Offer me all that I desire!" "Anything you want! Please!" "Give me back my father you son of a (w)itch!".

Dirty Harry - "I know what you're thinking. Did he fire 5 shots or 6? In all the confusion, I lost track myself. Seeing how this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and can blow your head CLEEEEAN off, the question you should be asking yourself is: do I feel lucky? Well do ya, punk?"

Dragonblade

Adventurer
So many good scenes from my favorite movies that others have mentioned.

But how about:

----------
from Tron: "No one user wrote me!"
Numerous other scenes as well.
----------
Last Starfighter: "What do we do?"......"We die."

And my personal fave: "He's a Zandozan, an intergalactic hitman with only one thought on his microscopic little brain. Kill Alex Rogan!"

Too many great scenes from that movie!
-----------

Braveheart: "...And on the morrow you shall receive your purification..."
Lots of great scenes.
-----------
Brotherhood of the Wolf: at the end where the Frenchman puts on the warpaint and opens up a can of whup ass all over the cultists who killed his Indian friend.
-----------
Equilibrium: the scene where Christian Bale realizes he has been betrayed at the end and then gets pissed. "No, not without incident..."
-----------
Transformers the Movie: The death of Optimus Prime.
I cried as a little kid when I saw this.

Last edited:

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Klaatu B. Nikto said:
The Princess Bride - Final duel between Count Rugan and Inigo Montoya "Offer me all that I desire!" "Anything you want! Please!" "Give me back my father you son of a (w)itch!".
You know, the first time I saw the Princess Bride, it was the "cleaned up" version for network television. We taped it and watched it again and again.

And in that scene, they cut it this way:

"Money, promise me money."
"I promise..."
"Power, too. Promise me that..."
"All that I have and more, please..."
"Offer me anything my heart desires!"
"Anything you want."
"I want my father back."
*stab*
Rugan drops.

I dunno, I always felt it was MUCH more powerful that way, without the "SOB" comment afterward.

--The Sigil

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
The Sigil said:
I dunno, I always felt it was MUCH more powerful that way, without the "SOB" comment afterward.
Complete opposite for me I found it much more believable in the "full" version. :)

Must have been taped ALONG time ago too. ;)

Storminator

First Post
Rope, whole movie. There are no cuts!

Memento. Movie keeps getting cooler and cooler with each new scene.

Terminator: "Listen! And understand! That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with! It can't be reasoned with! It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Conan: "Do you want to live forever?"

RotK: Speech and knocking the spears before the charge...

PS

Ghostwind

First Post
Matrix: Where Neo walks through the metal detector, sets it off and then slowly pulls back the coat to reveal all the hardware he's carrying. The expression on the security guard's face was a Mastercard moment.

Matrix: The helicopter scene where Neo saves Trinity.

Matrix 2: "Where's Neo?" "He's doing his Superman thing."

Tomb Raider: The whole bungee ballet action sequence that ends with her firing off a few rounds that almost miss her butler and then simply saying "Sorry about that."

Signs: Where you get your first glimpse (barely) of the alien standing on the roof of the barn.

Tanager

Storminator said:
Rope, whole movie. There are no cuts!

Well, not quite true. IIRC film reels of the time didn't hold enough film for it to be done in one continuous take. But they edit it so that it looks fairly seemless.

The things you learn dating a film scholar.

It *is* an excellent movie though, probably my favorite Hitchcock.

I'll add this...

The conversation between the business man and the undertaker at the beginning of the Magnificent Seven. Great dialogue.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads