• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

great NYT Op-Ed piece on Gygax

In case this hasn't been posted, people here shouldn't miss the Op-Ed piece 'Geek Love' in the New York Times today.

It starts out:

"GARY GYGAX died last week and the universe did not collapse. This surprises me a little bit, because he built it."

It's written by Adam Rogers, a Wired magazine editor, and shouldn't be missed.

Ken

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
That was a great tribute to Gary and his contributions to society. Much like Star Trek, D&D really has had quite an impact on our society, whether people realize it or not.

Ranger REG

Explorer
jaerdaph said:
That was a great tribute to Gary and his contributions to society. Much like Star Trek, D&D really has had quite an impact on our society, whether people realize it or not.
That's the best quote I've seen all week. The way you managed to put Gary [Gygax] and Star Trek in one statement. Sweet! :cool:

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Ranger REG said:
That's the best quote I've seen all week. The way you managed to put Gary [Gygax] and Star Trek in one statement. Sweet! :cool:

Thanks - my inner nerd has been out and shining bright all week. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads