• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Great product support from WoTC

Hunyock

First Post
I recently had a great experience with WOTC product support. The binding on my 5e Players Handbook started to go - a whole section at the front of the book had separated from the binding at the bottom and started to split up towards the top of the book; a small section of pages came out. I found return instructions on their website, and shipped it back the week before Thanksgiving. Two weeks later, I got a brand new copy, AND an unexpected copy of Rise of Tiamat! I was really surprised they got it back to me so fast - 2 weeks turnaround with a holiday in the middle is just about as fast as you could reasonably expect and including a copy of their latest adventure book was a huge gift.As an aside - we've been having so much fun playing 5th ed, I went and bought another copy of the PHB so we wouldn't have to go without one while the original one was being replaced. I was expecting it to take much longer but frankly I had been wanting a second copy for the table anyway, so I'm not complaining :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've heard a lot of reports of folks getting good service if they're unlucky enough to be one of that binding-issue batch.

Fralex

Explorer
That's cool! My book fell apart too, and I got a $5 coupon code for DnDClassics.com. I used it to get this neat 2e Ravenloft thingy about a supernatural carnival. It was mostly lore, so I should be able to convert it to 5e fairly painlessly...

guachi

Hero
I hate you!!! My copy has fallen apart... but it's SIGNED!!! If only I could just send it back. :( :(

Glad you had good support. Those early printings were a mess.The easiest thing at that point for the company is to say "free book".

Fralex

Explorer
Aww, that sucks. I guess you could cut out the signed part and paste it into a new copy? Unless they signed the inside cover or something. Who signed it? Do you think it's possible to get him/her to sign it again somehow?

That defective print run they had was really inconvenient for everyone, but there is one bright side. When my book fell apart, I took out the chapter on spells before I sent it back. Now I have a full PHB and a quick-reference guide for just the spells! If I could just figure out some way to bind the loose pages together as a little magazine...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads